• Announcements

• FORUM WILL CLOSE   01/11/2019

Not really - just needed your attention. During the next week or so, the forum will be switched to a "read-only" mode in order to perform some upgrades.. At times, the forum may be off-line. We will try to give better timing when/if available. Thanks in advance for your patience.
    • UPDATE - NO POSTING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE   01/13/2019

The Forum is in a "read-only" mode until upgrades are complete. Estimated completion time is late Tuesday. Any Private Messaging during this time frame may not be saved. 

Show us your container/seedling ranch

8 posts in this topic

Show us what you have growing for eventual plantings.

Here are mine:

The empty aquarium works well with the High output T8 bulbs.  I haven't set it up yet because I need to swap out the carpet for a more durable flooring.  It's a 150 gallon that will house a Malawi predator tank as it was before.  Last time it was running it housed Buccochromis rhodesii, Nimbochromis fuscotaeniatus, Dimidiochromis strigatus, Naveochromis chrysogaster, and Tyranochromis macrostoma.   This is my original hobby the palm hobby came many decades later.

All the palms will one day find a spot in my gardens if I can find room!  They include:

L. nitida

BxJ

(BxJ)xS

T fortunei (about 150 of them)

S. mexicana

S. minor "McCurtain"

S. uresana

R. hystrix

J. chilensis

The second incubator is full of Ch. radicalis "DoomsDave" and more BxJ seeds which have been sporadically germinating over the last year.

Seedlings 2.jpg

seedlings.jpg

Chaems.jpg

Fishtails waiting to get planted in quarts

20190112_083349.jpg

A whole bunch of different stuff, meds, sylvestris, canaries,  

20190112_082948.jpg

Sabal minor seedlings just getting their groove on 

20190112_110628.jpg

New digs going up, shade should be here next week, inspected and approved by Chooner the wunder mutt

20190112_170823.jpg

Ok so is it safe to assume this is a business or side business???  Cause you got a crap load of palms.B)

19 minutes ago, Chester B said:

Ok so is it safe to assume this is a business or side business???  Cause you got a crap load of palms.B)

An out of control hobby, kinda like a dope dealer who sells to finance his habit..... i got a bad monkey on my back

14 minutes ago, Umbrae said:

An out of control hobby, kinda like a dope dealer who sells to finance his habit..... i got a bad monkey on my back

U got Palm Smack :o