Sign in to follow this  
joe_OC

WTB: Schippia concolor

joe_OC

Looking for Schippia concolor.  The larger, the better.

Thanks,

Joe

Darold Petty

Joe, I have a really BIG one, the really SPECIAL 'black stem' variety. However, it is too big to ship, and, oh yah, my camera broke. 

joe_OC
1 hour ago, Darold Petty said:

Joe, I have a really BIG one, the really SPECIAL 'black stem' variety. However, it is too big to ship, and, oh yah, my camera broke. 

Darold,

Sent you PM.

Darold Petty

People, my previous posting was a lame attempt at humor.  Sorry, but I do not have any plants of this beautiful species.

I thought the allusion to the infamous Dypsis baronii 'black stem'  thread by TriodeRob would be apparent. :unsure: 

• Upvote 1

PalmatierMeg

Joe, I am germinating a lot of Schippia concolor seeds from my mother palm. Maybe by spring I'll have some strap leaf seedlings. This palm should be more popular and easier to find. It's one of my favorite fan palms.

• Upvote 3

Hillizard

I got one about a year ago from Phil/JM as a strap leaf seedling. I'm keeping it in my sunroom year-round now. It put out several leaves this past summer but isn't looking too robust right now (picture from today) and growth has slowed as the temps have dropped. In the past I tried one outdoors in the shade, in the summer, but it declined. I suppose it'll be years, if ever, before I see a beautiful inflorescence on this palm.  :unsure:

Schippia.png

• Upvote 3