• Announcements

• FORUM WILL CLOSE   01/11/2019

Not really - just needed your attention. During the next week or so, the forum will be switched to a "read-only" mode in order to perform some upgrades.. At times, the forum may be off-line. We will try to give better timing when/if available. Thanks in advance for your patience.
    • UPDATE - NO POSTING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE   01/13/2019

The Forum is in a "read-only" mode until upgrades are complete. Estimated completion time is late Tuesday. Any Private Messaging during this time frame may not be saved. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Polar Vortex on the Way?

45 posts in this topic

Already in a cold front til Wednesday maybe Thursday. Then normal January seems to come back. We started with the forecast with an ultimate low of 25F then dipped to 18f for a split second and now we are strait low to mid 20s for lows for more days now. I hope the forecast improves some more and we go back to normal temps so I can continue being stress free lol.

Further developments: looking like a significant cold wave could impact the US in late January. Models are starting to latch onto this.

Still far out enough to not get too detailed, but the general pattern change and cold signal being picked up on is the emphasis here.

5c39687b864d6_polarvortex3.PNG.51c53ca6d

5c39687a0953c_Polarvortex4.PNG.3a5fb90d2

Edited by Opal92

This is interesting. Thank you.

Yeah the 20th and especially the 21st look BAD! Sunday night we drop bellow freezing and might not go above til tuesday...maybe later. So done with cold....

Sorry to see this going to happen but this week will not be warm for the East Coast and S.E. There will be two cold waves. The first one will not be that bad but the second one will travel more south plus bring snow and colder temps.   On the West Coast, it will be mild and rainy. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Possible Florida Freeze - December
      By IHB1979
      It's that time of year again, crazy how time flies. My coastal city just finished removing Hurricane Matthew debris (vegetation & fences) from my area this week and now we are talking about old man winter. This is a week out so can't take it too seriously, but it's good to be prepared.
      Saturday morning, December 10th looks like our first shot at much colder weather. Especially for north Florida.

• CBS Evening News says Polar Vortex heading down Midwest Again
      By WestCoastGal
      Watching CBS Evening News tonight and really sorry to hear that a Polar Vortex is due to head down the Midwest real soon and into the south. They said they are expecting it to last several days before retreating back into Canada. Hope the heads up allows you to make plans. Yikes it's only early November.
    • Jan. 2014 Results for Palmy Places in US
      By bubba
      The Polar Vortex transmigrated from the West coast to the East coast and the numbers tell the story:

Phoenix, Az.
      Maximum Median Minimum
      81F 60F 39F
      Heating Cooling Growing
      151 4 295

Brownsville, Tx.
      M M M
      84F 58F 32F
      H C G
      233 21 272

Miami, Fl.
      M M M
      85F 68F 46F
      H C G
      55 152 551

Honolulu, Ha.
      M M M
      82F 73F 61F
      H C G
      0 246 691

Los Angeles, Ca.
      M M M
      85F 63F 44F
      H C G
      93 17 369

How about them apples?

• Morinda citrifolia cold damage
      By empireo22
      Here is what my potted noni looks like after the cold front and seeing 40 degrees (4 c) one night and 43 (6 c) the next. The fruit stayed but lost a lot of leaves and major foliage burn.