Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Another Scottsdale Palm ID

6 posts in this topic

Here are pic's of the trees and seeds I collected.  I am thinking either phoenix dactylifera or phoenix canariensis.  The seeds do not look like pictures of either of the pic's of these seeds on the web.  Anyone know what I have here?  Maybe the seeds I am seeing on the web have already dried out?  These were collected from the dates which looked like gigantic red grapes. 

Thanks,

Burl

IMG_3491.jpg

IMG_2100.JPG

Edited by Burl

Looks like olive seeds?

^ Agree, look like Olive (European) Pits / seeds to me.  Texas Olive  is a frequent landscape subject locally also but the seeds look different than these.. 

Well, maybe they were olives.  It's makes sense now that I think about the consistency of the "dates" I found.  I don't recall an olive tree where I retrieved the seeds but maybe there was one I didn't see.

Thanks

Burl

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018‎ ‎7‎:‎59‎:‎31‎, Burl said:

Well, maybe they were olives.  It's makes sense now that I think about the consistency of the "dates" I found.  I don't recall an olive tree where I retrieved the seeds but maybe there was one I didn't see.

Thanks

Burl

Burl,

I am playing CSI here.......   What is that tree in the picture where the branches/leaves are just showing in the right upper corner.   Looks like Olive to me.....    Maybe I am seeing things(olive trees).   

jimmyt

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018‎ ‎12‎:‎48‎:‎59‎, jimmyt said:

Burl,

I am playing CSI here.......   What is that tree in the picture where the branches/leaves are just showing in the right upper corner.   Looks like Olive to me.....    Maybe I am seeing things(olive trees).   

jimmyt

Looks like an olive tree to me too.