IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Quesion about butia pindo blue x jubaea

Love them palms

Recieved my jubaea x butia pindo blue today.my question is would it be safer to plant this now or wait till spring.   I got this tree off eBay From backyard paradise nursery From palmsgalor777.  I do believe that she is a member here That goes by the handle IdolLurker. It looks great

15392138958202142663542165935025.jpg

I would not but I am in Z8a. Winter is harsh and wet.  I might if I were in a very mild winter area/zone. More succes will be had come spring. Just my opinion from some experience. Got a place to overwinter it?

jimmyt

I  Will probably put all the palms I have not planted in my covered patio area close to the house. Wintertime is our rainy season And really doesn't get too cold during the Winter time Luckily I live in a zone 8B area If it does get too cold I will just  Put them into the garage And pull them out when it warms up.

I would wait. If in zone 8a I would even grow it out larger in a pot for a few years before planting it unless you plan to protect it in the winter for a while.

Los Angeles, CA and Myrtle Beach, SC.

7 minutes ago, Brad Mondel said:

I would wait. If in zone 8a I would even grow it out larger in a pot for a few years before planting it unless you plan to protect it in the winter for a while.

Luckily I live in a 8b/9a zone area