Hurricane Michael

11 posts in this topic

I am wishing the best possible outcome for anyone who is going to be caught in the path of Hurricane Michael. we are just outside of the reach of most of it if the path continues as present, we will just get outer rain bands from the dirty side and coastal storm surge. But I send out good karmic thoughts to the Goddess for all those less lucky. Especially after having just been hit directly by Hurricane Irma last year in September myself. Batten down the hatches and stay safe, check in when you can let everyone know you are safe

Yes, surprised there hasn’t been more talk about it on here. I know we have Palm Talkers in the Florida Panhandle, best of luck to everyone, stay safe out there. 

36 minutes ago, Xerarch said:

Yes, surprised there hasn’t been more talk about it on here. I know we have Palm Talkers in the Florida Panhandle, best of luck to everyone, stay safe out there. 

There is a thread in the weather section where it is being discussed as well: http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/58123-michael/

Thinking about you folks in Michael’s path!

Please keep in touch.

I will check the link under weather too, thanks!

Thanks for the heads up kinzyjr I never would have looked there. I didn't even realize there was a weather section

Can anyone recommend a local organization for donations that will be put to good use? Something to provide food, shelter, help children?

17 hours ago, Kim said:

Can anyone recommend a local organization for donations that will be put to good use? Something to provide food, shelter, help children?

I haven't vetted them but its a start...

https://www.savethechildren.org/us/what-we-do/emergency-response/hurricane-michael?cid=Paid_Search:Google_Paid:Emer_Hurricane_Michael:Nonbrand:101018&gclid=Cj0KCQjwr4beBRDNARIsAGZaZ5eoXWkW0Qi13VXoGneKD7fztZnyEhVFSm91SFp6SQoA4Jy15oEzpXUaAjQFEALw_wcB

Thanks Pete! That gave me a place to start. After checking around, I decided to use Feeding Florida mostly because I have volunteered off and on with their affiliated organization Feeding America through the local Feeding San Diego program. 

It's just gut-wrenching seeing the massive swaths of destruction. It's going to be very difficult for these communities to recover.