UPGRADE COMPLETE - FORUM OPEN - POSTING ENABLED Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ParkerK

Acoelorrhaphe wrightii seedlings

ParkerK

Hey there, not sure how common this palm is or if it’s that desired but I don’t see them that often in Socal.

That being said, I’ve got about 50 seedlings here if anyone wanted to snag them (venmo a couple bucks for shipping is cool), trade (preferrably) or what have you. Germinated 7/22/18.

PM me my palmy homies if you’re interested.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by ParkerK
  • Upvote 1

michal272727

hello, are there any palm seeds

ParkerK
On 10/21/2018, 1:25:16, michal272727 said:

hello, are there any palm seeds

Hi! I'm sorry, no I just have these seedlings.

kinzyjr

@ParkerK You mentioned a trade... is there anything specific you are looking to trade for?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      The reason I am sharing this is because you can see a lot of the Everglades Palm (Acoelorrhaphe wrightii) in the area. 
      https://www.google.com/maps/@25.2542902,-80.7984397,3a,40.9y,248.75h,95.18t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sK606oramXpxpJwL-2CSZtQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
    • NorthFlpalmguy
      By NorthFlpalmguy
      Acoelorrhaphe wrightii seeds wanted, at least a few hundred (if not more). PM me please.
    • ThePalmNovice
      By ThePalmNovice
      Yesterday I was at Busch Gardens in Tampa for the first time in a few years. I was walking past the entrance on my way in when I noticed this Everglades palm (Acoelorrhaphe wrightii) growing in the right hand corner. 

I thought it looked familiar and to my surprise I had seen this exact tree’s picture just a few nights ago on Palmpedia.  

Given that it was a very healthy specimen growing for a good number of years in my climate, I decided to take a closer look. I saw some low hanging seeds and plucked them off ninja style. Now I’ve got a few Acoelorrhaphe seeds I’m looking to germinate. 

My question is are any of these seeds still viable to grow? I’m not terribly familiar with this species outside the basics. The seeds look kind of dried up and discolored. Are these good to go? Do I need to clean the shells off of them first? Or are these seeds too far gone to consider. Any advice you can provide would be helpful.     

• Yunder Wækraus
      By Yunder Wækraus
      I bought a nice-sized Everglades palm clump earlier in the month. To be honest, I didn't inspect it too carefully. I was so excited to be getting some palms that I just assumed that the plant was sold to me in good faith as a healthy plant. I'm not so sure that's the case, but I was hoping for some second opinions from some of you before I assume that the nurseryman sold me a dud.

Ok, so here's the issue: when the plant was delivered, I noticed that a large number of its trunks had been cut (without obvious skill) close to the base of the plant. I just assumed that they had been cut off in order to keep the plant a manageable size for future sale. The plant as it was sold to me had only two larger trunks, both about 6' tall, and they framed by front door nicely. I inspected one of these two trunks yesterday, and I found that the central spear, which had begun to open, was completely dead. Dry, brown, dead :-( I pulled on it, and it just came out like dry paper. I suppose that it could have died after being moved to my home, but I suspect that it was already dead when I bought the plant (and it is my fault that I didn't check more closely).

My questions: (1) What should I do with the trunk with a dead spear? The existing fronds are still green. I'm familiar with cold damage in palms (I had to cut down pretty far on a king palm in CA once to get past the rotted spear from a freeze), but there's no way that this is the result of cold damage. (2) Should I assume that the large number of stumps on the clump are from similar problems in the past? In other words, did this guy sell me a sickly clump of Everglades palms, one which he's been cutting back each time a trunk begins to die of whatever awful malady afflicts the thing?

I've attached photos. If you think I've been given a raw deal, do let me know. I don't want to assume the worst, though.

• Yunder Wækraus
      By Yunder Wækraus
      We finally moved into our home in Indialantic, Florida. The front yard had almost no real landscaping upon our taking ownership of the house. The yard was originally all crushed rock, and the previous owner removed only part of that and piled the rest into three UGLY islands of rock. The weed-blocking tarp that had been lain beneath the rock was therefore not removed, and the fresh sod put down by the old owners atop the partial rock has not been able to root. It all looked terrible. Thanks to kind advice and even kinder direct help from folks on this forum, I have acquired some palms and have begun to landscape the front. Someone suggested I post pictures of the work, so I'll start with photos of the front yard as it looked upon our purchase of the home, photos of its current state a week in, and a rough sketch of my plans for the front yard (not to scale and subject to change).

My goal is to have every native species of Florida palm, the coontie, and the coconut in the front yard. I paid for two large specimens, a Roystonea regia and a nice clump of Acoelorrhaphe wrightii, which were delivered and installed by a nursery in Malabar (which was recommended to me by a forum member). And I purchased two small Pseudophoenix sargentii (not in the ground yet) and a beautiful Coccothrinax argentata from another forum member in the local area. I hope to have the whole front fully landscaped by the end of the summer.