NatureGirl

Livistona mariae X Liv decipiens (decora) F2 Seeds

NatureGirl

My neighbors tree is beginning to drop a few seeds. I can't cut these off as it is way too high up. I just wondered if anyone was interested in them, otherwise I won't bother collecting them. This tree was received as a Liv. mariae X Liv decipiens Hybrid. That would make seedlings from this palm F2 Hybrids. Most of the ones I use to grow resembled L. mariae, and had lots of reddish color. Let me know if interested and I will collect some but it takes a while as you have to wait until they drop. $8/50 plus $3.50 US Shipping or $15/100 plus $3.75 Shipping. 

Beachpalms@cfl.rr.com

Thanks

IMG_1116.JPG

IMG_1117.JPG

IMG_1118.JPG

• Upvote 3

ZenMan 1

Hello NatureGirl

Sent PM

TexasColdHardyPalms

These do show quite a bit of red, but not as pronounced as mariae. They germinate quickly and grow steady. A+ seed.

ZenMan 1

Good Day NatureGirl,  Picked up mail today and there they were. Puffy little things got unpacked and prepping for next stage. Nice batch of seeds, thank you very much. Ahead of Hurry Cane for mail service worked out well. Last batch I got from the islands was a close one. Have a great weekend. ZenMan 1

ZenMan 1

Greetings NatureGirl,  Last week I peeked inside the cover over the pot with the F2 Hybrids and almost had my eye poked by one of the sprouted seeds. Nothing else is coming up yet as of today. Here's the little sprout, it was ready two weeks ago. Thank you. ZenMan 15bd8a891b4b70_F2Hybrid1small.jpg.63ddf80

NatureGirl

Congrats! Your sprouting skills are great. Hopefully, you'll have many more come up.

ZenMan 1

Thank You, but It's all about your fresh seeds, that are heal5bda16e8a29f2_1stSproutgrowingtaller.jpgthy. Take a look at this since yesterday something unexplainable happened. What do you think?

howfam

Which parent is this F2 backcrossed with?

NatureGirl

If you're asking who the original seed parent of the hybrid is, sorry, I don't know.

ZenMan 1

Happy New Year Nature Girl!

Made this last day last year. Update on the F2 Hybrids. Very slow germination rate, seems hard to get going. New pic. 

5c2cd790394a5_HybridF2Update12-31-18copy