Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anthurium species identification please!

4 posts in this topic

I just purchased this lovely Anthurium from a friend. He said it was from Brazil but didn't know a species name. 

20180806_173052.jpg

My friend thought the leaf was very distinct...

20180806_173101.jpg

It also has neat purple parts!

20180806_173112.jpg

possibly lilacinum 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Sabal pumos and rosei
      By Mandrew968
      Hey Palmtalk! Need a little help with some obscure species; does anyone have any experience with either of these two species? I have read that they are high elevation palms and was specifically wondering if either of these palms would grow well in South Florida? I believe we (MBC) have all other Sabal species on the property-it would be a wonderful thing to have the genus represented here. Looking forward to hearing back from you guys-thanks in advance!
    • Caribbean Island Creation
      By Mandrew968
      Planted a Hemi today, in a decision to create a Caribbean island landscape feature. I still need to mulch and add a few groundcover plants, but I am already proud of it.

• Need an ID on a Cycas species
      By Mandrew968
      This Cycas was given to me by a friend who had it in his nursery; he got out of specimens and now does foliage and a lot of his previous material has been neglected-talked him into letting me get this thing into a good home. 
      I hate being that jerk who asks about Cycas, cuz most people don't know and that's because they don't care... Almost as bad as trying to get a dracaena id!
      All I know is that it's a female and not a revoluta, nor is it in that rumphii complex-yeah, big help, right?! Anyway, it recently flushed out, after showing it was a female.
      Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

• Coccothrinax cupularis; now officially a species
      By Mandrew968
      I have been growing this palm for some time now. It's a great grower for me and a handsome addition to my collection for sure-it's also quite rare in cultivation.
      It wasn't that long ago that I noticed a taxonomic change with this palm that I am quite happy about; for the longest time, this Coccothrinax used to be one of the four subspecies of miraguama (the others being havanensis, roseocarpa, and miraguama). Now it looks like Coccothrinax cupularis is it's own palm!
      Maybe it's just me but this gives a little bit more pride in having this palm in my collection-rather than it just being one of four variations of the same palm... What do you guys think?

• Pseudophoenix ekmanii for sale
      By Mandrew968
      I have many of these guys. Maybe too many... Ready to sell some of these three gallon palms that are overgrown. I am asking $200 a piece. These are no doubt the coolest of all the Pseudophoenix. I have grown these for their slowest period-time for you to buy one or two, plant them, appropriately, and watch them explode in 5 years!