IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Zone 6-8 Palm Seedlings for Sale

TexasColdHardyPalms

Needle Plugs - $3.95 Two years, most with several leaves 

Brahea Moorei - $15 - 1-2 leaves

Brahea Armata - $3.95 - two years old most with 2 leaves

Trachycarpus Waggy x Nanus F1 - $10 

Trachycarpus Fortunei x Nanus F1 - $10 larger 1-2 leave seedlings

Serenoa Repens Green 2.5x12" cone - $6.95 nice fully rooted 2-3 leaf plants

Can ship to all states except AZ with soil intact.

• 2 weeks later...

How do the  Brahea Armata  do in the SE humidity? Seems it's native to a pretty dry area. 

They aren't going to like florida, Louisiana,  southern Alabama or Mississippi.  Drier parts of Georgia and SC would be worth a try

How long will it take to get a plantable Needle from the plugs in zone 7a here.I will be down in Florida and driving there so I may pick up a needle from A big box down there.

I cannot comment on potential growth rate of rhapidophyllum in new Jersey.  

On 7/15/2018, 1:01:10, TexasColdHardyPalms said:

They aren't going to like florida, Louisiana,  southern Alabama or Mississippi.  Drier parts of Georgia and SC would be worth a try

They're drier parts of Georgia and SC? :indifferent:

Kidding aside I'll give em a whirl.

I'll drop you a PM.

-RJ

@RJ That Macon area always seemed much drier than the rest of GA to me. I spent a summer down there doing work at those kaolin plants about a dozen years ago.

I found a rainfall map online.  All of the state gets a lot of precipitation.

ga rainfall.gif

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure that splat is right where Macon is ;)

Edited by RJ

20 hours ago, RJ said:

Pretty sure that splat is right where Macon is ;)

Macon is northwest of that dry spot on the map.  Lyons, Vidalia and McRae would be in the dry spot.  That is primo onion growing territory.  Also, olives are being planted there as well.

Here is a climate map of Georgia done by Tom McClendon several years ago.  It shows the number of days below 32F in a typical winter and the furthest penetration of 0F (1985).

Climate zones of GA.doc

Joseph C. Le Vert

Augusta, GA

USA

Zone 8

On 7/15/2018, 9:35:35, RJ said:

How do the  Brahea Armata  do in the SE humidity? Seems it's native to a pretty dry area. 

There's one in Columbia SC and a larger one in Augusta GA (that JLeVert planted) - both look great.  I've personally had zero luck with starting seeds and the only seedling I have has struggled to survive so far.  I have no idea what size these would be safe to plant out.

Steve