Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Finally planted the sagos and update on potted trachycarpus

3 posts in this topic

So as the title says I finally planted my sago palms about a week or so ago and hoping for the best, but planning on the worst. Pretty much dont expect them to live, and at the very best they will flush and defoliate until they do die. Either way I needed them out of pots as I'm not a fan of potted plants. Also my new trachycarpus that I potted up recently is still declining. The only hope is the healthy looking green spear. Sure would hate to have to return it... All my other potted up to be planted later palms are looking wonderful! Although sadly plantation might have to wait til 2019 as the addition isn't looking to be done soon enough for my latest date. 

Nice!!

Flushed out a little more...20180615_083338.thumb.jpg.b4b5f2979574c2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Does Anyone Know What Variety of Mediterranean Fan Pamm This Is?
      By PalmTreeDude
      Does anyone know what variety of Mediterranean Fan Palm this is? Does it have a certine variety or are only certain ones recognized as a certain variety? Does anyone know where mine may have ancestors from (Like West/East Mediterranean etc.)? I know I need to weed around it again (center trunk has always been dead and I have not protected this last winter at all expecting it to die, but it survived, I was going to replace it with something else) and I will mulch.  

• HELP! How do I treat this Butia Capitata
      By newtopalmsMD
      I bought this Butia 4 days ago at a big box store on clearance.  The frond turning brown started yesterday and is much worse.  Does anyone know what this is and what I should do to treat it?  Thanks

• How many fronds does trachycarpus fortunei put off in a year?
      By mdsonofthesouth
      Just curious as to how many fronds yall see put out each year. So far Im up to 7-8 depending on the tree for the year. Seems to be an easy recovery palm so far. What do yall typically see each year?
    • Good find at the big box!
      By mdsonofthesouth
      Returned the dead palm that was sold to me with more than half its roots gone bad and paid a little extra for a much larger specimen! Couldn't be happier, wish I could afford to get the other 2 but oh well. Wife woulda killed me had I brought more than just the replacement lol.

• In limbo palms, cycads and yucca
      By mdsonofthesouth
      Here is the curling trachycarpus, dying yucca gloriosa and others. Can't wait to put them in the ground!