Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Finally planted the sagos and update on potted trachycarpus

3 posts in this topic

So as the title says I finally planted my sago palms about a week or so ago and hoping for the best, but planning on the worst. Pretty much dont expect them to live, and at the very best they will flush and defoliate until they do die. Either way I needed them out of pots as I'm not a fan of potted plants. Also my new trachycarpus that I potted up recently is still declining. The only hope is the healthy looking green spear. Sure would hate to have to return it... All my other potted up to be planted later palms are looking wonderful! Although sadly plantation might have to wait til 2019 as the addition isn't looking to be done soon enough for my latest date. 

Nice!!

Flushed out a little more...20180615_083338.thumb.jpg.b4b5f2979574c2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• In limbo palms, cycads and yucca
      By mdsonofthesouth
      Here is the curling trachycarpus, dying yucca gloriosa and others. Can't wait to put them in the ground!

• Neglected Trachycarpus fortunei growth rate in Maryland
      By mdsonofthesouth
      So I posted this palm in another thread and just looked on google maps per a PM on here thanks @MDPalm! The first picture is july 2014, last is from mid to late December. Growth rate isnt terribly fast, but OC is NOTORIUS for neglecting any and all landscaping (especially "exotics"). Judging by the size its been here for a while, and easily escaped my eyes for years as its of the beaten path, unless you were big on car washes while on vacation. I am not lol.

July 2014

December 2017

• Spring cleaning....LIVISTONA CHINENSIS LIVES!
      By mdsonofthesouth
      So yeah thats a livistona chinensis fresh green spear popping out (and still have a torn green frond left). Proof its a perennial here! Was late to update on this, but growth has been slow all around but then again we had one of the coldest march ever. Oh and ZERO spear pull on livistona!

• Butia Growth Rate
      By The Steve
      This was a real surprise for me.  Early 2016 I planted a strap leaf seedling (3 leaves) that I grabbed from out of the boot of a mature Butia odorata.  It got planted out near the curb, with no care, planted in clay.  I'm not sure what type of watering it gets, but I've never seen it watered.  Anyways, the pics tell the story.

6/2016

3/2018

• Here is proof windmill palms can survive the winter on Long Island
      By islandwidepalmtrees.com
      Hi my name is Kevin and I am the owner of Island Wide Palm Trees, we are located on Long Island in New York. We sell palm trees as far south as Virginia and as far north as Massachusetts. 
      Here is pictures of one of my customer's Windmill Palms that have survived the past 4 winters. This spring will be 5 winters.  You can not ask for better then this.
      The best way to keep the trees alive is to have a good wrapping system. We have an amazing wrapping system that you can see on our website.
      https://www.islandwidepalmtrees.com 
      and here is a link to our Facebook video we posted last year about these trees. (wrapping and planting is extra right now)

https://www.facebook.com/islandwidepalmtrees/videos/913475538799411/     
      If you have any questions about how to keep these windmills alive feel free to contact me. I will be more than happy to try and help you.