Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cycad id please

8 posts in this topic

Can someone please id the cycad pictured in the inset image below?

cycad.PNG

Edited by paquicuba

7 minutes ago, Stevetoad said:

cycas thouarsii maybe

It certainly looks like a Thouarsii. I was wondering what it was 'cause someone is giving it away. I'm kind of far from Englewood, but someone can get a large specimen for free if he/she has the tools. 

49 minutes ago, paquicuba said:

It certainly looks like a Thouarsii. I was wondering what it was 'cause someone is giving it away. I'm kind of far from Englewood, but someone can get a large specimen for free if he/she has the tools. 

that would be a score!

It could be thorsarii, rumphii or circinalis. ANY cycas species that size would be considered a huge score, especially for free. That thing is a monster. 

6 hours ago, Stevetoad said:

cycas thouarsii maybe

If it is Cycas thouarsii, someone has been busy trimming off pups!  By the time that thouarsii gets to coning size, it has usually pupped at least once in my experience, and continues to do so after coning.  I have a very difficult time distinguishing between thouarsii, rumphii and circinalis.  Btw:  the post should have been over in the tropical plants other than palms section.

5 minutes ago, Tracy said:

Btw:  the post should have been over in the tropical plants other than palms section.

Got ya! I'll keep that in mind for the next time :blush:

1 minute ago, paquicuba said:

8 minutes ago, Tracy said:

Btw:  the post should have been over in the tropical plants other than palms section.

Got ya! I'll keep that in mind for the next time :blush:

Good and Plenty of Cycad posts over there! :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• macrozamia macdonnellii
      By Scott Cohen
      I have 6 Macrozamia Macdonnelii seedlings available. $150ea + shipping.

• Is it coning or flushing?
      By GDLWyverex
      My cycas diannanensis is either coning or flushing and I am not certain which. From the slowness of it's progress I guess that it is coning...

What say you?
      Thanks

Richard
    • Cycas semannii "Fiji Golden" Pups and Zamia Seed For Sale.
      By cfkingfish
      I have a number of these pups for sale, some are single headed and some are double headed but they root out very easily even from as small as one inch. The smaller pups will be $30 in the larger ones will be $50. They been treated with rooting hormone and fungicide as well. I do not have a picture of the mother plant as the owner wishes  for it not to be photographed, but if you Google  the species name you will see that it is quite a stunning plant.  In a humid and warm environment it puts out quite a nice green and yellow leaf that almost looks variegated.
      I also have Zamia herrerae seed available at $1.50 each and Zamia "Cayman Island" for $1 each. Both of these are very tolerant to drought and make excellent landscape plants that are very low maintenance.
      Feel free to email me at  cfkingfish@gmail.com or message me on here. Shipping will be $15 flat rate for pups and $8 for seeds in the US no matter how many are purchased.
      Thanks 
      CF 

• Zamia angustifolia seeds.
      By cfkingfish
      I have some fresh Z. angustifolia seed harvested about 3 days ago here in SW Florida. It was hand pollinated with no other Zamias within 100 yards. There are about 40 seeds, give or take a couple. I would like to get $60 including shipping in the US. Message me on here if you would like them.
      Thanks!
      -CF
    • Digging Lepidozamia peroffsyiana
      By DoomsDave
      I have one of these, and I want to dig and possibly re-home it.
      The caudex is about 12" (30 cm) across, leaves about 8 feet (3 M) long.
      How deep does the taproot, if any, go?
      Any experiences?
      thanks
      dave