IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

B Moorei seed protection

SHEP

We used hardwear cloth to wrap the seeds. Patric S told us that the rats will eat them.  We only got one done and two more to go, but, first need to find a bigger piece.  Anyone else have any other suggestions?image.thumb.jpg.da4038520d12eb1740e8e5dd

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SHEP said:

We used hardwear cloth to wrap the seeds. Patric S told us that the rats will eat them.  We only got one done and two more to go, but, first need to find a bigger piece.  Anyone else have any other suggestions?image.thumb.jpg.da4038520d12eb1740e8e5dd

KILL THE RATS!!! :evil:

...So they can't eat your precious palm seeds...

I have no suggestions and I otherwise cannot help you. :wacko:

Cecille, that's great that you posted a photo !!  :greenthumb:

San Francisco, California

We were going to go to AT&T store tonight, because I couldn't post photos anymore to PalmTalk, with the updating stuff on the IPhone.  Finally, got it to work, but, I didn't post the right one.  Color is terrible in this picture, and doesn't do the plant any justice, and I have four huge stalks.  I still think your Moorei would look best on the side strip, south side.  More sun, to get more silver, and get bigger, and it has room to move.  Your gonna be around for your own seed stock in eight years.  It was exactly eight years from a one gallon.

BTW, rats are a terrible problem in Contra Costa County.  They get my fruit, you can't kill them w poison, because the pets will find it and die, as well as wandering cats, and then birds die from the stuff too.  I wrap my precious apricots in aluminum screen pouches to get any fruit, in fact, just finished the job today.  Sometimes, have to double wrap.  There is a good right up on the best way to get rid of roof rats on the UC Davis Extension.  

9 minutes ago, SHEP said:

We were going to go to AT&T store tonight, because I couldn't post photos anymore to PalmTalk, with the updating stuff on the IPhone.  Finally, got it to work, but, I didn't post the right one.  Color is terrible in this picture, and doesn't do the plant any justice, and I have four huge stalks.  I still think your Moorei would look best on the side strip, south side.  More sun, to get more silver, and get bigger, and it has room to move.  Your gonna be around for your own seed stock in eight years.  It was exactly eight years from a one gallon.

BTW, rats are a terrible problem in Contra Costa County.  They get my fruit, you can't kill them w poison, because the pets will find it and die, as well as wandering cats, and then birds die from the stuff too.  I wrap my precious apricots in aluminum screen pouches to get any fruit, in fact, just finished the job today.  Sometimes, have to double wrap.  There is a good right up on the best way to get rid of roof rats on the UC Davis Extension.  

Here , 6 miles south of the San Diego border, 22LR does the trick.  Uh, noiseless Super colibri rounds through the trusty rifle is the ticket. Guten nacht ratten!

• Upvote 1

5 year high 42.2C/108F (07/06/2018)--5 year low 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)--Lowest recent/current winter: 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)