IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

This is my work - what's yours?

Ciczi in Sweden

Thought that I'll show some pics from my work.

I work as a professional gardener. I make my living by fixing gardens for ordinary people with both big and small gardens. I also work as a gardener for apartment buildings (@bgl help me out here.....)

Planting new flowers and trees, mowing the lawn, weed control, tree and hedge trimmings are the main components of my workday.

Show me your day at work.

Ciczi in Sweden

Edited by Ciczi in Sweden
Spelling errors
  • Upvote 1

Greetings from the southernmost Swedish town Trelleborg,

also known as the Palmcity.

USDA zone 7 with a good microclimate

DSC_1455.JPG

• Upvote 1

Greetings from the southernmost Swedish town Trelleborg,

also known as the Palmcity.

USDA zone 7 with a good microclimate

This is a pretty accurate representation.

Image result for hacker

• Upvote 3

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

I managed a team of engineers and rocket scientists testing and integrating the Space Shuttle's flight computers software at Johnson Spaceflight Center in Texas.

http://www.vincentmounier.com/blog2/wp-content/uploads/vcr8/cockpit2.jpg

Ed in Houston

• Upvote 2

I have 2 jobs,

This represents one of them,

And most days it feels like this!

1.jpg

The second representation, which I really love doing is this and is my true calling,

1409340660361_wps_7_EXCLUSIVE_STRICT_ONLINE_E.jpg

• Upvote 2

Lived in Cape Coral, Miami, Orlando and St. Petersburg Florida.

• 2 months later...

I am a jewelry designed and bead artist. I embroidery and weave seed beads together with vintage Swarovski and Preciosa crystal, natural cut and polished gemstones, found objects and whatever else strikes my fancy. I make jewelry, 3D objects and canvas art and sell from art galleries and Fine Art Festivals. I don't do the 'traveling circus' art thing from show to show with an RV. My husband still has a day job LOL. I choose 3 shows a year and do them. I also do commissions, and pick up sales through my Facebook and Deviant Art webpages. This is a sample of my work. It is a fully functional wearable beaded full face Toucan mask based both on the Keel Billed Toucan and on the old Plague Doctor masks of the 15th century

IMG_1934.jpg

• Upvote 4

"You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes"---SliPknot

4 hours ago, metalfan said:

I am a jewelry designed and bead artist. I embroidery and weave seed beads together with vintage Swarovski and Preciosa crystal, natural cut and polished gemstones, found objects and whatever else strikes my fancy. I make jewelry, 3D objects and canvas art and sell from art galleries and Fine Art Festivals. I don't do the 'traveling circus' art thing from show to show with an RV. My husband still has a day job LOL. I choose 3 shows a year and do them. I also do commissions, and pick up sales through my Facebook and Deviant Art webpages. This is a sample of my work. It is a fully functional wearable beaded full face Toucan mask based both on the Keel Billed Toucan and on the old Plague Doctor masks of the 15th century

IMG_1934.jpg

Nice to see you are still around B)

• Upvote 1

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

I am a Professional Napper.  When you are very skilled at the art of napping that you can fall asleep any time of the day or night. I just woke up from a nap and now ready to have an energy drink and go outside and get some things done. Its Saturday hurray! 

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, metalfan said:

IMG_1934.jpg

I know someone who does the same kind of artwork. She uses bird skulls as a base. Yours is very pretty and imaginative. 

Hi Palm crazy, I don't use a form for masks or 3D figures other than spheres. Most bird skulls, feathers and bird parts in the US are illegal to possess (Migratory songbird act) and definitely illegal to sell. The only things that can be legally used are feathers and parts from birds also used as food (i.e. chickens, pheasants) or from birds that are not native to the United States (parrots, peacocks, etc). I have used resin replica bird skulls before, however, as in this piece called 'Shaman'. And the antlers in the piece are naturally shed.

IMG_1951.jpg

• Upvote 2

She only makes here stuff for herself never sells anything like you do. Had no idea real bird parts (bones) were not legal. That's probably a good thing too. Not sure what type of bird but looks almost like the one you pictured.

I also love doing some art stuff, mostly drawing and now learning to paint in acrylic. Heres the first painting I did two years ago in an online painting class. Painting is first done in B/W and then glazes are added to give it color. The class was about learning to see Notan. The painting was pretty easy to do. 

BTW I do have a old degree in Graphic Design and Advertising from Art Institute of Seattle. This was before the age of computers, LOL! 

DSC_0003.JPG

Edited by Palm crazy
  • Upvote 1

Dude that's good!!! My daughter is an Illustration major at Ringling in Sarasota. She loves to watercolor but HATES acrylic and oil LOL. Most illustration is done on tablets like Cintique where you can layer things on. She wanted to be an animator before she found out they don't do it the old fashioned way anymore, its all computerized now. But Illustrating on a tablet with some of the high power programs they use is pretty cool. She also fills sketchbooks with pencil drawings too.

Yeah there are a lot of rules about using not just bird parts but also certain animal parts. Many of the listings for things that you see on eBay (sheep horn, racks of antelope antlers etc) are illegal to possess and sell. Its a state by state thing, like the plant shipping and possession laws. I wanted a horse skull to use as a model to make something once and found many on sale online...but most from states where it was patently illegal to sell them! Especially the wild horses. You have to watch out, they have folks who can and will catch you. Easily prosecutable crimes carrying high fines

• Upvote 1