IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Cycas thouarsii sick - HELP PLS

dwimss

Hello, 

I have 2 Cycas thouarsii and they both sick, can anyone help please .... :(

Here are some pictures, what should I do before they die ??

Help please : 

vplPUC2.jpg

M3v6oEv.jpg

7ZZxAI6.jpg

7ZZxAI6.jpg

WPXnUaT.jpg

uISBVdr.jpg

Dk7B102.jpg

FBSJZLD.jpg

Looks like sunburn,from not acclimating before planting.The next flush should adapt to the sun better.

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

Mesa, Arizona

Temps between 29F and 115F each year

35 minutes ago, aztropic said:

Looks like sunburn,from not acclimating before planting.The next flush should adapt to the sun better.

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

They have been planted since summer 2013 in the ground,  and its the first time that I see that, I'm wondering if this is not a disease ?

It looks like burn to me as well. If it were my plant, I would cut the leaves off since they do not look very good, plus, it looks like you will be getting new leaves in the near future. Good luck 

1 hour ago, GeneAZ said:

Looks like fertilizer burn to me.  What is your grass fed with?

I don't use fertilizer, I used only horse manure this year.

1 hour ago, 5150cycad said:

It looks like burn to me as well. If it were my plant, I would cut the leaves off since they do not look very good, plus, it looks like you will be getting new leaves in the near future. Good luck 

This time of the year the sun is not very strong, temperatures are between 15-24C (59-75F), I don't think  it is sun burn, last summer they were looking very pretty, hope they will recover and look good again, I will cut tomorrow the leaves.

I am not sure if it is a disease or not ? if you look at the pictures you will see the leaves starting to get brown then they just fell even if they are newest leaves :( 

Wind damage or sun damage. It isn't sick or diseased. The next flush will be fine. 

• Upvote 1

On 2018-05-11, 3:40:49, TexasColdHardyPalms said:

Wind damage or sun damage. It isn't sick or diseased. The next flush will be fine. 

I hope so, thank you 

Are you sure it isn't sick or diseased ?

I have cut all the bad leaves few days ago and today I noticed other leaves starting falling in the ground with that brown color next to the trunk.
Now one has only 3 leaves remaining and the other one is not looking good too and will lose all the leaves if it continues this way ... :( 

I will update with some pics tomorrow.

Thanks.

Edited by dwimss