looking for variegated palms other than Raphis and caryota

6 posts in this topic

hello has been awhile

I have a friend in Tampa who is looking for other variegated palms to buy for himself, preferably north of Miami.

he already has rhapis and fishtail so  different species would be nice.

you can also contact me by email  kingpalmboy@msn.com  with info, thank you in advance

wow 2 weeks and nada

How about some variegated adonidia merrelli?

Posted (edited)

wow i'm sorry i did reply to both  variegated adonidia merrelli?  and Variegated renda from another member?  but doesn't seem to be here now? what size? how much and do you have pictures? Thank you

Edited by palmboi

I have a variegated majesty that I might part with. 

Thanks Brad

appreciate the reply but my friend is looking within Florida, i doubt he would travel to your wonderful state, Thanks again

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Lanai Container Garden Fall Reorganization
      By PalmatierMeg
      Days have gotten shorter and rains stopped even though the weather is unusually hot and humid. But our bi-annual cleanup and reorganization of the tropical palm container garden proceeds. We emptied the lanai of everything except my huge Areca catechu dwarf, swept up loose debris, pressure washed the concrete, then soaked it overnight in bleach water. Yesterday I returned the tropical container palms to dollies or plastic shelving units (I don't let any pots sit directly on concrete, which can conduct cold in winter or stay wet after rain). I repotted and staked palms as needed, then watered them with Merit imidacloprid powder dissolved in water. My Cham metallicas were already developing mealybugs. I still have to fertilize and spray miticide to ward off spider mites that thrive in cool, dry weather. I tie lengths of fluorescent plastic ribbons on all highly cold sensitive palms to aid IDs when I have to move them indoors on cold winter nights. A lot of work but necessary if I want to keep palms healthy.
      I took the following photos this evening.

• A winters walk along our street
      By sandgroper
      Gday all,
                     I just went for a quick walk along our street and took some pics of a few of the palms growing here. It's a lovely bright winters day this morning and very pleasant for a walk.
      cheers, Dave.

• Turning my dream into a reality
      By Hferrell87
      Hello all,
      As a fellow palm enthusiast, I’d often day dream of owning land and designing a nursery. For the past few years, I’ve scoured multiple reality websites, searching for the perfect plot. We found one and offered full price for a little over 12 acres and the owner accepted. This property was beautiful and was once a running nursery (perfect for me!). A few days went by after putting deposit down, when the realtor called me saying that the owner got cold feet and backed out of the deal. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed. Many nights I spent plotting and scheming the lay of the land and what to do with it, just for them to pull the rug from under me. 
      Flash forward to now, a year and some change later.
      My wife and I fianlly closed on 9.06 acres, about 4 minutes from our house. It was a blessing in disguise when the other property didn’t work out, as it was in a very rural area with little development, while the newly acquired land is in the in the middle what feels like Sim City with unlimited funds. The property is fully fenced with a 4” well, pole barn and an insulated shed. The land is majorly covered by large water oaks with a few pockets of cleared land. We recently had about 3/4 acre cleared to start planting clumping bamboo and palms (potted and in ground).
      Development of the nursery is going to take some time, as my wife and I both work full time jobs. But, with the property so close to the house, I’m out there every day. 
      So, here’s to the start of our dream nursery and the progress along the way. 
      Enjoy...

• Australian Palms In Habitat?
      By PalmTreeDude
      Do any Australians (or people who visited Australia) on the forum have any pictures of some Australian palms in habitat? I know there are scattered pictures around the forum but I thought I should make a thread specifically about them. Please post your pictures if you have any. Also, what are the cold hardiest Australian palms? 
    • Nevada: best public palm collection?
      By JasonD
      What is the best public collection of palms in Nevada? Is it the Springs Preserve Botanical Garden?