IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Sabal id

Nakheel1412

Hi,

Several months ago, I bought two sabal palms from a local nursery, and still don't know what to do with them (where to plant them), since I don't know what they are ;
Of course identifying young sabals isn't easy, but since there are some sabal experts on the forum I'm posting some pics with the hope someone might be able to help with identifying ;

From what I understand, in Morocco there are 4 Sabal species : minor, palmetto, bermudana and mauritiiformis ; (that might help identifying?)

First one :
url], on Flickr26715733137_a4265734a2_o.jpg
41584048581_d4e37a30a1_o.jpg
40873071574_f7fdef0a78_o.jpg

Second one :
26715720797_8d26d7a9e1_o.jpg
40873065014_258a3f72f1_o.jpg
26715713827_d060168412_o.jpg
26715736097_443f04397e_o.jpg

Any ideas ?
Anyways, thanks in advance ! :)

Edited by Nakheel1412

Minor is more glaucous, it’s not Palmetto because at this stage they would be more costapalmate. I believe it’s bermudana. You won’t know for sure until it flowers though. 

Edited by Brad Mondel
  • Upvote 1

Los Angeles, CA and Myrtle Beach, SC.