IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Ceiba pentandra variegated rescued today

Cindy Adair

This (for now) little tree is tough. It survived a move then a hurricane then being nearly smothered by aggressive grass in an area too soggy to mow easily. 

I had actually tried to keep up with keeping a path cleared, but obviously got behind. Not lacking in projects in and out these days!

Here's a view of the approach showing the surroundings.

IMG_0771.thumb.JPG.33890485a5e604f083d77

IMG_0772.thumb.jpg.0565a5dc651a89f305101

Closer still and you can spot the little tree at the end of the brown path.

IMG_0773.thumb.jpg.3190fb86e6186409c466f

Yesterday and today I used my battery powered weed eater and got through to see all leaves of this grafted tree perfect. 

IMG_0787.thumb.jpg.a8d0750eb5bbcae17d12c

IMG_0786.thumb.jpg.111bacdda54e9e06d7c9c

Anybody else grow these?

• Upvote 7

Cindy Adair

45 minutes ago, Cindy Adair said:

This (for now) little tree is tough. It survived a move then a hurricane then being nearly smothered by aggressive grass in an area too soggy to mow easily. 

I had actually tried to keep up with keeping a path cleared, but obviously got behind. Not lacking in projects in and out these days!

Here's a view of the approach showing the surroundings.

IMG_0771.thumb.JPG.33890485a5e604f083d77

IMG_0772.thumb.jpg.0565a5dc651a89f305101

Closer still and you can spot the little tree at the end of the brown path.

IMG_0773.thumb.jpg.3190fb86e6186409c466f

Yesterday and today I used my battery powered weed eater and got through to see all leaves of this grafted tree perfect. 

IMG_0787.thumb.jpg.a8d0750eb5bbcae17d12c

IMG_0786.thumb.jpg.111bacdda54e9e06d7c9c

Anybody else grow these?

Cindy: Now that I've seen yours, I might consider getting one. It's so ornamental, even when not in bloom! ^_^

:o That's GORGEOUS! Where'd you get it? :D

Naples (inland), FL - technically 10a but more like 9b in the winter :hmm:

Gardinos nursery in Florida, but I don't see any listed in stock there now.

A larger tree at the old Orchid Society headquarters hooked me on this variegated tree and someone told me it was from this nursery who was at the January Miami orchid show.

That was the booth where I ran into CB Lisa who recognized my PT photo and introduced herself!

Small world!

• Upvote 1

Cindy Adair