Palm YouTubers

5 posts in this topic

If you watch anything about palms on YouTube, who do you watch? I know if you do watch YouTube videos about palms you probably watch a lot of videos from different people (I do too), but if you ever come back to certine channels, which ones? I mainly watch BananaJSSI and The Palm Fiend. Also the IPS has a channel but I am not sure if they use it these days, here is the link. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkcr0EhbVXmIp80dtFdqhjA

It doesn't look like they use that channel anymore (IPS Youtube channel; last video was 2 years ago!). I currently watch hardly any Youtube videos about palms (I don't watch that many Youtube videos in general anyway though).

I watch many palm and tropical plant related YouTube videos, as well as upload my own. The last one I uploaded was in September of 2017, just three days before my property was ravaged by Hurricane Irma. I had planned on uploading a Hurricane Irma aftermath video, but just haven't been motivated enough to do it yet. I lost a few palm species, and some large trees. Also, I lost about 10-12 large slash pine trees. They weren't blown down, they were traumatized to the point where pine bark beetles infected and killed them.

6 hours ago, Walt said:

I watch many palm and tropical plant related YouTube videos, as well as upload my own. The last one I uploaded was in September of 2017, just three days before my property was ravaged by Hurricane Irma. I had planned on uploading a Hurricane Irma aftermath video, but just haven't been motivated enough to do it yet. I lost a few palm species, and some large trees. Also, I lost about 10-12 large slash pine trees. They weren't blown down, they were traumatized to the point where pine bark beetles infected and killed them.

Nice video, sorry to hear about the damage from the hurricane. Please upload that aftermath video! I browsed some of your videos and they are really well made, I like them! 

15 hours ago, PalmTreeDude said:

Nice video, sorry to hear about the damage from the hurricane. Please upload that aftermath video! I browsed some of your videos and they are really well made, I like them! 

I think I will try to start making the post Irma video this week. I have pics and video both on my cell phone and camera. I need to upload all of them to my video editing program. My biggest loss in palms was my tallest Syagrus botryophora, followed by the loss of my shorter one. Both were snapped in two halfway up their trunks. I had big mature queen palms also snapped in two. My county was second hardest it in Florida, as we were in the right-side of the eye (the worst side).