IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Trachycarpus fortunei flowering question

palm789

I bought a new fortunei 80cm trunk,it looks like it flowered before as it has dead cut flower branches,now the main question is as I'm keeping it in the same giant pot will it ever flower again?do they have inflorescences grown in pots?

8 hours ago, Laaz said:

Once they start flowering they should flower every spring.

Even in pots? I just checked mine and see no new growth.yet

Edited by palm789

Yes, even in pots. Possibly not as profusely (less inflorescences) but that depends a lot on the care you give it. Just give it time.

On 05/04/2018, 08:51:19, Flow said:

Yes, even in pots. Possibly not as profusely (less inflorescences) but that depends a lot on the care you give it. Just give it time.

Yes but what determines whether or not it will reflowed this spring

I had one skip a year for some reason. That's more the exception than the rule though.

Cheers, Barrie.

20 minutes ago, Las Palmas Norte said:

I had one skip a year for some reason. That's more the exception than the rule though.

Cheers, Barrie.

I headed of that happening,do you know what's the latest in the growing season that they start growing

• Upvote 1

Geeze ... I'd imagine it would depend on the local climate ... May ... June maybe in the Northern hemisphere.

Bump, still no flowers showing,but increased leaf growth due to hot weather.

Edited by palm789

Fortunei flower months before any other palm here. First week of March like clockwork every year. This would vary with your climate (like Vancouver)

Bump,still no inflorescences showing,I check everyday,is it to do with the weather as I live in the UK and it's gone cold all of a sudden.

I think you should at least be able to see the emerging tips of the flower pouches. I don't excatly live in a warm climate either but my waggy's flowers are almost fully open.