IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Looking for Trunking Chamaedorea radicalis

Josue Diaz

I have about a dozen non- trunking radicalis, and bought one which sold to me as a trunking radicalis and ended up being a non-trunking form. I'm looking for trunking radicalis seedlings but also willing to try seed.

For me, whatever 'King Kong' is (C. radicalis variant or hybrid), it is not quite as hardy as standard C. radicalis.  They show some damage after 21.5F this winter, but for Josue, they will be no problem growers.

• Upvote 1

Robert

Madera, CA (central San Joaquin valley)

9A

3 minutes ago, iwan said:

For me, whatever 'King Kong' is (C. radicalis variant or hybrid), it is not quite as hardy as standard C. radicalis.  They show some damage after 21.5F this winter, but for Josue, they will be no problem growers.

That's interesting to hear that they are different in terms of hardiness. I'll message Perry and see if he still has any. 

I've got free seed, the majority of which end up as trunking rads. Shoot me a PM and I'll mail you some.

• Upvote 3

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

4 minutes ago, DoomsDave said:

I've got free seed, the majority of which end up as trunking rads. Shoot me a PM and I'll mail you some.

You're awesome Dave!

1 hour ago, Josue Diaz said:

You're awesome Dave!

I know!

:lol:

• Upvote 4

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

3 hours ago, Palm Tree Jim said:

If you were close, I have several we could dig out.

I might be willing to travel for some PRA. I have family in the Southlands so waving to them as I pass by would justify my drive... I'll shoot you a PM.

I have a lot of one gallons that are trunking form.  Only will get about 6-8' tall though.  I have seen some radicalis that were as big around as a giant stick of bamboo and 12' of trunk.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TexasColdHardyPalms said:

I have seen some radicalis that were as big around as a giant stick of bamboo and 12' of trunk.

noproof.jpeg

:lol:

Edited by Josh76
  • Upvote 1

On 4/4/2018, 9:56:15, Josue Diaz said:

I might be willing to travel for some PRA. I have family in the Southlands so waving to them as I pass by would justify my drive... I'll shoot you a PM.

And, if you do, swing by my place, too.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 in 5gal buckets! They are about 4 feet tall ! 45 dollars each! 949 235 6187 Pickup in San Clemente , Calif.

• Upvote 1

On 4/12/2018, 7:50:24, DoomsDave said:

And, if you do, swing by my place, too.

You bet Dave. A trip south wouldn't be complete without a stop at your place.

10 hours ago, enigma99 said:

I got some fresh seed of the trunking form. :)

Sent you a PM :)

15 minutes ago, neoflora said:

I have 2 in 5gal buckets! They are about 4 feet tall ! 45 dollars each! 949 235 6187 Pickup in San Clemente , Calif.

If I were closer I'd be all over these.

1 minute ago, Josue Diaz said:

You bet Dave. A trip south wouldn't be complete without a stop at your place.

Sent you a PM :)

If I were closer I'd be all over these.

Which is why it's so nice to get seeds in the belly of the big silver bird . . . did yours arrive yet?

• Upvote 1

Yep! They're going into the greenhouse today actually. I have them soaking at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Josue Diaz said:

Yep! They're going into the greenhouse today actually. I have them soaking at the moment. 

With a little luck, you'll soon have 30 babies or so. You'll be able to tell which are the tall phenotypes almost from the beginning.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DoomsDave said:

With a little luck, you'll soon have 30 babies or so. You'll be able to tell which are the tall phenotypes almost from the beginning.

Loved "With a little luck, you'll soon have 30 babies or so. You'll be able to tell which are the tall phenotypes almost from the beginning."