IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Moving, palms for sale

Palmaceae

Hello all,

I am moving from my house in Cape Coral Florida to another in Cape Coral and I am unable to take the larger palms to the new location. So I am wanting to sell what I can to a palm lover. Many have you have seen pictures of my garden and have 140 species of palms. What I would like to do is if anyone is interested is to sell the palm or palms you may be interested in, but you would have to come to the garden, dig it and transport it. I would hate to see the palms to get cut down or neglected. I will be taking the smaller palms with me that I can personally move but the larger ones are too much for me. All prices will be very reasonable as I want to see them go to a good home. I will attach a list and pictures of the palms here soon. But if interested please message me.

Thanks!

Lived in Cape Coral, Miami, Orlando and St. Petersburg Florida.

Below is the list of palms available.

Some of the listed palms would be very difficult to transplant like the Sabal's and Hyphaene but if you feel you can be successful you can try.

Acoelorrhaphe wrightii
Adonidia merrillii
Aiphanes horrida
Allagoptera arenaria
Archontophoenix alexandrae
Archontophoenix cunninghamiana 
Archontophoenix maxima
Archontophoenix tuckeri
Areca catechu 
Areca ipot
Bactris gasipaes
Butia capitata
Butia-Syagrus Hybrid
Carpentaria acuminata
Caryota mitis
Chamaedorea cataractarum
Chamaedorea tepejilote
Chamaerops humilis
Coccothrinax sp? (beautiful palm, too big for me to take)
Cocos nucifera "Green Malayan"
Cocos nucifera "Maypan"
Cocos nucifera "Red Spicata"
Cocos nucifera "Yellow Malayan"
Copernicia prunifera
Dictyosperma album
Dypsis decaryi 
Dypsis leptocheilos
Dypsis lutescens
Dypsis madagascariensis
Dypsis pembana
Dypsis saintelucei
Elaeis guineensis
Heterospathe elata
Hyophorbe lagenicaulis
Hyophorbe verschaffeltii
Hyphaene thebaica
Kentiopsis oliviformis
Latania lontaroides
Livistona chinensis
Livistona decora
Livistona saribus
Phoenix dactylifera
Phoenix roebelenii 
Pritchardia pacifica
Pseudophoenix sargentii
Ptychosperma elegans
Ptychosperma lauterbachii
Ptychosperma macarthurii 
Ptychosperma salomonense
Raphia farinifera
Ravenea rivularis
Rhapidophyllum hystrix
Roystonea regia
Sabal bermudana
Sabal causiarum
Sabal domingensis 
Sabal mauritiiformis
Sabal mexicana
Sabal minor
Sabal palmetto "Lisa"
Sabal uresana
Syagrus botryophora
Syagrus schizophylla
Thrinax radiata
Veitchia winin
Washingtonia robusta
Wodyetia bifurcate

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Brian1960 said:

No prices listed ???

No prices as I am just looking for best offer, all prices will be very reasonable.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

I hope the move is a positive. Bummer to lose all those mature palms.  Too bad I am about 3,000 too far away otherwise I would be there with a checkbook and shovel.

Good luck with the move.  Keep us posted as you start your new garden.

• Upvote 1

I also hope the move is positive, Pastor Randy. :greenthumb: I am trying to hold off on getting any other palms that need to be planted in ground right away as I am also unsure of whether we will be moving in the next couple of years (due to Hubby's job), but I hope most, if not all, of your palms find a wonderful new homes.

Naples (inland), FL - technically 10a but more like 9b in the winter :hmm:

18 hours ago, Hammer said:

I hope the move is a positive. Bummer to lose all those mature palms.  Too bad I am about 3,000 too far away otherwise I would be there with a checkbook and shovel.

Good luck with the move.  Keep us posted as you start your new garden.

Thank you! Yes it is a positive move, just a little quicker than we thought  but at least I can take the smaller palms with me and start a new garden!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Missi said:

I also hope the move is positive, Pastor Randy. :greenthumb: I am trying to hold off on getting any other palms that need to be planted in ground right away as I am also unsure of whether we will be moving in the next couple of years (due to Hubby's job), but I hope most, if not all, of your palms find a wonderful new homes.

Thank you Missi! I am sure the palms will find a great new home and I am taking most of the easily moved ones with me and starting a new garden. We just found the home we are moving into and this house is in a warmer area of the Cape.

• Upvote 2

I talked my girlfriend into making a few palms my birthday gift ;) Hoping to see ya maybe this weekend?

• Upvote 1

Looking for:  crytostachys hybrids, Pseudophoenix sargentii Leucothrinax morrisii, livingstona canarensis

Wow, Pastor Randy...that sure is a lot of work you’re leaving behind, but if it’s a move over to a warmer area, that is most certainly positive! I’m afraid my big palm digging and moving days may be behind me, but I will definitely be mentioning this to my fledgling gardener young pastor son I had spoken of previously! Sounds like an amazing opportunity for someone willing to put the sweat equity in, and a good deed on your part in being willing to share your bounty at a reasonable cost! 

Very best of luck to you and all those gorgeous palms! 

13 hours ago, Palmaceae said:

We just found the home we are moving into and this house is in a warmer area of the Cape.

Score!! :yay:

Naples (inland), FL - technically 10a but more like 9b in the winter :hmm:

12 hours ago, CB Lisa said:

Wow, Pastor Randy...that sure is a lot of work you’re leaving behind, but if it’s a move over to a warmer area, that is most certainly positive! I’m afraid my big palm digging and moving days may be behind me, but I will definitely be mentioning this to my fledgling gardener young pastor son I had spoken of previously! Sounds like an amazing opportunity for someone willing to put the sweat equity in, and a good deed on your part in being willing to share your bounty at a reasonable cost! 

Very best of luck to you and all those gorgeous palms! 

Thank you Lisa!

Yes my days of moving large palms are behind me also lol. I am not looking to get a lot of money, just want a good home for as many palms as I can.  Please tell your son about them, I would love to meet him if he is interested.

On 2/20/2018, 7:24:19, Chatta said:

I talked my girlfriend into making a few palms my birthday gift ;) Hoping to see ya maybe this weekend?

Great meeting you guys today, I hope you enjoy the palms!

There are many more left for anyone interested.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Palmaceae said:

Great meeting you guys today, I hope you enjoy the palms!

There are many more left for anyone interested.

Thanks! I know I will. If I get another chance to head down there and maybe try some others I'll let you know! Some of these were way too large for me to handle, You have such an fantastic garden with really great specimens!  Thanks again for welcoming me over, was awesome meeting you guys! :):)

• Upvote 1

Looking for:  crytostachys hybrids, Pseudophoenix sargentii Leucothrinax morrisii, livingstona canarensis

Got this big guy in the ground! thanks a ton again!!

20180225_073440e.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Chatta said:

Got this big guy in the ground! thanks a ton again!!

20180225_073440e.jpg

Very nice! Great location!

• Upvote 2

Lots of palms available, nothing is over $50.00.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Only a few more weeks to go, need to find a home for these great palms! Nothing over $50!

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Palmaceae said:

Only a few more weeks to go, need to find a home for these great palms! Nothing over $50!

Will you still be around on the 24th? I might be able to get a couple guys to come with me to get some of those other ones I wanted but couldn't do my self!

9 minutes ago, Chatta said:

Will you still be around on the 24th? I might be able to get a couple guys to come with me to get some of those other ones I wanted but couldn't do my self!

Hey there, yes we should be, nothing planned at this moment. You are welcome to get some more.

• Upvote 1

Good luck with the move! Just moved myself which is why I'm currently a bit broke and unable to take you up on a few of these beauties. If I wasn't, I'd made the 2 hour drive from Fort Lauderdale in a heartbeat!

Former South Florida resident living in the Greater Orlando Area, zone 9b.

Constantly wishing I could still grow zone 10 palms worry-free, but also trying to appease my strange fixation with Washingtonias. 

Gosh,  I wish I could.    Good luck to you with the move,  and to whom is lucky to get the palms......... ;)

Thanks Chad and Jimmy! Hopefully I will be able to find a good home for them.

• 3 weeks later...

Only have a few weeks to go, so if you want some very nice palms for a very good price, come and get them!

• 5 weeks later...

The palms are no longer available, thanks to those who gave a lot of the palms a good home.