Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sabal palmetto (Bald Head Island), Sabal palmetto (Trifton Hardy) and Sabal sp. "Birimingham" seeds

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm looking for seeds of some coldhardy Sabal palmetto provenances e.g. from Bald Head Island or Trifton Hardy.

I'm as well interested in seeds of Sabal sp. "Birmingham".

Of course I will pay a good price :).

Thanks,

Vincent

I have some Birmingham seeds left. Ill check and see how many. 

Great! Thanks for checking!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Sabal ID
      By dwimss
      Hello, 
      Is this a palmetto, seems too small for a palmetto, im not sure ... .

• Fort Worth Botanical Gardens Palms - January 2018
      By GoatLockerGuns
      Took a stroll through the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens on January 14, 2018 and captured a few pictures of the palms I found there.  I thought it was nice to see these palms doing so well in this climate.  I think those are Sabal palms wrapped in burlap in the first photo.  Some Sabal minor, Needle Palms, and European Fan Palms there as well.

• Sabal ID (From Sprouted Seed)
      By GoatLockerGuns
      Folks,

I am hoping a Sabal guru can help me out.  I am trying to ID the two seedlings in the picture, both harvested from different Sabal Palms.  The one on the left (as you face the picture) was harvested from a Sabal Palm at Hurlburt Field AFB, Florida (near Destin / Fort Walton Beach).  It was a tall, slim Sabal with a small, tight crown.  The one on the right (as you face the picture) was harvested from a Sabal Palm at Lackland AFB, Texas (near San Antonio).  It was a short, fat Sabal with a huge, overflowing crown.  As you can see, the seed on the left is much smaller and rounded.  I think the one on the left is Sabal palmetto and the one on the right is Sabal mexicana; mainly because I have read that the Sabal mexicana produces a much larger seed and that the tree has a larger crown than the Sabal palmetto.  Can anyone confirm if I am right?

Thanks in advance.

Richard

• Sabal sp id ?
      By dwimss
      Hi, 
      I have planted these Sabal Palm's about 2-3 years ago and Im wondering which Sabal sp it is ? The leaves are big around 2m or little more.. 

• Mutant Sabal Update Photos Per Request
      By PalmatierMeg
      It's chilly, rainy and forecast to get colder so a good day to get caught up on photo update requests I've received recently. I've developed an interest in mutant Sabals, particularly uber dwarf mutants of the cold hardy Sabal minor but also FL's state tree Sabal palmetto (I have 3 Sabal palmetto Lisas, one of the most spectacular looking palms in the world). Several months I obtained one each of Sabal minor 'Welfare' from Texas, S.m. 'High Springs' from FL and S. palmetto 'Mocksville' from NC from Plant Delights Nursery, the only nursery that actively seeks out and propagates these rare specimens. I posted photos of them in their pots and received requests for more photos of them after planting. I also include a couple of one of my S.m. Chipola Dwarfs I got PDN last spring.
      That occurred sometime in late Oct. after Hurricane Irma wreaked havoc on our Garden Lot and took out most of our shade producing tropical trees. My palms, overall, took a major bashing but look to be coming back. I convinced my husband not to replace most of the huge trees or replace them with smaller trees or - yes! - palms. I also yanked out crape myrtles and many hibiscus that were year round pruning nightmares for me (even more so since I was diagnosed with apparently chronic and nearly untreatable vestibular migraines). In place of those suckering nightmares went my Sabal minor dwarfs. They're happy, I'm happy.
      So, here goes. These little guys may not have appeared to have grown much but all are starting to go palmate and happy to be out of their ridiculous 3.5" pots.
      Sabal palmetto 'Mocksville'

Sabal minor 'High Springs' Dwarf

Sabal minor 'Welfare' Dwarf

Sabal  minor 'Chipola' Dwarf