IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Jubutia F2

benbaron

Hi guys, thought I would share a pic of my Jubutia F2, came in with a batch of about 20 other smaller Jubutia, this ones a keeper I think.

IMG_7342.JPG

Edited by benbaron
  • Upvote 2

Very nice! Would love to have those trachycarpus to the right as well!

LOWS 16/17 12F, 17/18 3F, 18/19 7F, 19/20 20F

Palms growing in my garden: Trachycarpus Fortunei, Chamaerops Humilis, Chamaerops Humilis var. Cerifera, Rhapidophyllum Hystrix, Sabal Palmetto 

11 hours ago, ChrisA said:

I’ll say! That ones a beauty!

Thanks Chris, it is indeed. Cant wait for it to flower in the UK

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, mdsonofthesouth said:

Very nice! Would love to have those trachycarpus to the right as well!

Common as muck around here lol, we have about 400 in stock at the minute due to stupid new import restrictions the UK has to deal with.

7 minutes ago, benbaron said:

Common as muck around here lol, we have about 400 in stock at the minute due to stupid new import restrictions the UK has to deal with.

We have a whole mess of 3g types at Home Depot from spring til early fallish, but nothing with more than 0-6in of trunk. 

• Upvote 1

Palms growing in my garden: Trachycarpus Fortunei, Chamaerops Humilis, Chamaerops Humilis var. Cerifera, Rhapidophyllum Hystrix, Sabal Palmetto 

12 hours ago, mdsonofthesouth said:

We have a whole mess of 3g types at Home Depot from spring til early fallish, but nothing with more than 0-6in of trunk. 

Same here in Albuquerque, lots of 1 gallon, 5 gallon plants. Rarely do I see 15 gallon windmills.  Would love to have the option of buying some with several feet of trunk; I’m not getting any younger after all! ;)

1 minute ago, ChrisA said:

Same here in Albuquerque, lots of 1 gallon, 5 gallon plants. Rarely do I see 15 gallon windmills.  Would love to have the option of buying some with several feet of trunk; I’m not getting any younger after all! ;)

The only time I see anything close to a 15g is outside Salisbury, but they are nearly $200 specimens. Going to try and get some 15g+ for the spring!

That price sounds about the same as I remember seeing here. The 5 gallons seem to grow to that size within about 3 or 4 years.

Hope you can find a deal come spring! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
On 1/18/2018 at 12:35 PM, benbaron said:

On 1/18/2018 at 12:35 PM, benbaron said:

Hi guys, thought I would share a pic of my Jubutia F2, came in with a batch of about 20 other smaller Jubutia, this ones a keeper I think.

IMG_7342.JPG

Hi benbaron, I'm looking for these in the UK and not able to find any. Do you still have any stock? Thanks