IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Beccariophoenix alfredii seeds availability

dwimss

Hi, 

Anyone know when beccariophoenix alfredii seeds are available and where we can get them ? I checked during the last year on ebay and RPS and they seems not available anymore!

Edited by dwimss

1 hour ago, dwimss said:

Hi, 

Anyone know when beccariophoenix alfredii seeds are available and where we can get them ? I checked during the last year on ebay and RPS and they seems not available anymore!

You might ask Jeff Marcus of Floribunda Palms who supplies him with his B. alfredii seeds: http://www.floribundapalms.com/pdf/flori_1707.pdf

• Upvote 1

these are pretty slow from seed to about 3' overall pinnate.  Any reason you aren't interested in a seedling?  I'll bet seedlings are available.

Formerly in Gilbert AZ, zone 9a/9b. Now in Palmetto, Florida Zone 9b/10a??

Tom Blank

On 1/10/2018, 8:16:24, Hillizard said:

You might ask Jeff Marcus of Floribunda Palms who supplies him with his B. alfredii seeds: http://www.floribundapalms.com/pdf/flori_1707.pdf

spent 5 day at Jeff's place recently. didn't see a seeding Alfredii.

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

Have heaps of B fenestralis seeding now #same same but different

That's what Vietnam travel does

Steve

There is a nice seedlings about 1 yr old on eBay currently. Also if you watch there is someone from Hawaii that sells sprouts, usually in 3 or 4 per package very reasonable. I purchased 4 last year and all are doing great indoors. I reside in NYS. These were very healthy and are currently 14-18 inches tall. Good luck.

On 11/01/2018 à, sonoranfans said:

these are pretty slow from seed to about 3' overall pinnate.  Any reason you aren't interested in a seedling?  I'll bet seedlings are available.

Couldn't find seedlings in my country and easier for me to travel with seeds ... I know that this palm is slow but I couldn't grow coconut without protection so ... it's worth it ... 

Seems that the seeds are available only in Madagascar where there are mature palms in the high plateau and they were not collect during the last 2 years and that's why their not available on the web .... ???

I hope we could get some soon from RPS or Ebay ... 

• Upvote 1