First Fire - Now Floods

12 posts in this topic

Wow, click on this link and see some of the unbelievable pictures of 101 near SB and Montecito.

www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/09/southern-california-mudslides-flooding-leave-at-least-6-dead-in-montecito-highways-closed.html?cmpid=prn_msn

Here's a picture. :crying: Yes, that's the freeway. Outside the Montecito Inn.

5a553595d0600_flooded101freeway.jpg.a302

This was a nice, white house. All over, but now all full of mud.

5a55361f8f872_houseofmud.jpg.4ca7a0b1708

Rockin' in the roadway.

5a5537dfe3cd2_rockyhorrahintheroad.jpg.4

@DoomsDave This is terrible news!  You all need a break out there!

It just keeps getting worse and worse.

Here's Montecito from the air.

I went there in 2000 and had a great time, like Long Island West, lots of genteel mansions. So many ruined now.

5a57c27123973_muddymontecito.jpg.859af3f5a57c278d55a9_muddymontecito2.jpg.d8e620

Other places were hit, too. Here's what's left of someone's car in Burbank.

5a57c2d2ebc39_mudbuggyburbank.jpg.9427bd

Topanga Canyon.

5a57c2f3c2d33_topangamud.jpg.7b1dfe09d5e

This looked like a nice car, once upon a time.

5a57c2f437dd4_mudbuggy.jpg.ce95d851e716c

Mud outside

5a57c80908417_muduptoeaves.jpg.726409f4e5a57c810d145b_mudalmostuptoeaves.jpg.e17

And inside.

5a57c838d57f5_muddykitchen.jpg.0ab52c0f85a57c8387dba7_mudfireplace.jpg.d7b0473ba

Forget about Highway 101 for a while.

5a57c89038521_muddyfreeway.jpg.0a0d71ad55a57c88fd3f1a_muddyfreewaybylightofthemo

Holy crud. That's awful and extremely humbling.

Look closely and you can see two cars; one's a Hummer and the other's a Honda.

Can't tell which is which.

Slide 20 of 78: MONTECITO, CA - JANUARY 11:  Alisha Kleinman, Steve Knight, and Brett Weideman, left to right, members of the US Coast Guard  inspect two crushed vehicles, a Hummer and a Honda that were found on the beach January 11, 2018 after a rainstorm sent mud and debris through Montecito neighborhoods. (Photo by Al Seib/Los Angeles Times via Getty Images)