IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Bottle or spindle

tacobender

This one is a few years old, I was told it is a spindle macerine palm. From my weak Spanish translation. What do you experts think?  Could it be a bottle palm? Wanted a 5 to 6 meter tall palm. Maybe not now. Grows well here.

20171230_161016.jpg

• Upvote 4

Looks like a bottle; spindles are a lot more orange where that one's red.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

The above stills were upload directly from my android mobile phone...glad this feature is working now.

Thanks to our Mod.

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris, your bottle looks insanely gorgeous, I'm shocked lol ! (I didn't like about every bottle palm I have ever seen on the internet, while yours is a jaw dropper)
Do you have any special technique to have it grow with such a beautiful trunk and an elegant crown?

People who have beautiful bottle palms, please post pics !

Edited by Nakheel1412
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Nakheel1412 said:

Kris, your bottle looks insanely gorgeous, I'm shocked lol ! (I didn't like about every bottle palm I have ever seen on the internet, while yours is a jaw dropper)
Do you have any special technique to have it grow with such a beautiful trunk and an elegant crown?

People who have beautiful bottle palms, please post pics !

Dear Omar,

This palm is grown in big barrel since our garden has few dicot trees which cast shadow to other plants/palms and i have lost few exotic palms due to root rot and the garden soil is claye too.So this palm is growing in that container.I don't know what to do if it becomes too big for its barrel.And in my opinion these palms look attractive only till a certain age after that their round base disappears to look as a normal palm tree.

For more visuals visit this link :

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Hyophorbe_lagenicaulis

Love,

Kris.

• Upvote 2

love conquers all..

43278.gif

I second that - it should be a bottle palm. I have got exactly the same color on my own one.

I would love to provide a photo but at the moment it is pitch dark outside - 

New Year`s Day turned into it`s final hour. ;) 

best regards

Lars