IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Mo' Free Chamadorea radicalis seeds

DoomsDave

Howdyall, it's that time again.

Some of my palm buds have given me a BUNCH of Chamadorea radicalis seeds, and now they're available for all who want some.

Free.

Send me a Private Message (PM) with your address and I'll mail them, anywhere in the world. Please say "Free radicalis seed" or something like that in the subject line. If you've gotten seeds before, you can get more. This is to spread palm love. I'll wait a till after the New Year before sending out seed, to see how many want some, and give the posties a bit of a breather before the onslaught.

In years past, they've gone to Japan, Italy, Holland, Belgium, Norway, Germany, Serbia, South Korea, Canada, India, Phillipines, Poland, Russia, England, Sweden, Croatia (expletive), France, and even (gasp!) Madagascar! As well as many places in the USA.

This has been a popular giveaway, and why not? The palms are small, take heat, cold, drought, will grow outdoors in places you might not even imagine palms surviving. They're a mix of bush and tree type. The tree types only get about 2 M (6 feet, more or less) tall. So, unless you're in a really low-ceiling house, they'll stay in a pot for life. They'll take 20 F outside, even lower if protected. They're best in shade, but will survive sun. Remember, these are Death Camp Grown(TM). If you kill the plants, well, we all have problems.

SEND ME YOUR PMS! And happy holidays.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

There's lots of seeds, ask and you will get.

Anywhere in the world.

• Upvote 4

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Hope you got my pm, Dave. You normally reply via pm but heard nothing. The only time I like the silent treatment is from my wife!

Only checking as I've had a bit of a message issue on various forums the last few months

Got your messages!

Sorry!

AND, THERE'S TONS (AND TONNES) OF SEED!

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? CHRISTMAS? THAT WAS YESTERDAY

sorry shift got stuck

Thank You. Will except any seeds you send. I always share with a neighbor. Hope the new year sees you and yours well. Thank You  again.

Everyone 

I have a lot of seed!

5C2B4C28-6E12-4D66-B157-F715B07CC4C8.thu

• Upvote 6

Happy newyear to all!

I planted the previous badge of these 7 november, any idea when i can expect them to show?

Can't wait :yay:

• Upvote 1

There's still plenty of seeds.

I'm going wait another week before sending out.

Send a PM with "free radicalis seed" or something like it, along with your address.

No charge, anywhere on Earth.

• Upvote 1

Hi Dave,

shall we do another trial? Received two small packages of seeds from the US the last weeks. Seeds were all dry and cleaned :D

Have sent you a PM.

Eckhard

• Upvote 1

wxBanner?bannertype=wu_bluestripes_metri

I got yours, Eckhard, but if you want a "double" I'll send more.

They're a great plant for palm love in a cold climate.

this ain't no party

send a PM

damn

What are you waiting for?

Christmas was last year . . .

Plenty of seeds still

If you are willing to send out doubles, I will except doubles. Not to be greedy, but would be appreciated.  Sent a message as well. Thanks

• Upvote 1

There's still plenty of seeds.

Asks and you gits. World wide.

So far there's about 25 requests.

There's enough seed for 50.

Ask! Send address! Sprout seeds, give or sell the plants, spread palmy love all over the earth.

If you got some before, that's great!

Plant seeds and be merry, for tomorrow . . . .

more more more . . . .

Mailed tonight 

D22C544A-FBAC-4D01-BB0E-E5FF2C6BB959.thu

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nico94 said:

Hi

if you have some seeds.

I’ m interessing.

Regards

Send a PM with your address 

oh I see you did!

I sent out 24 envelopes yesterday, a lot fewer than before, though I suspect some of you who got some are starting to get seeds on plants of your own. They're like oversexed bunnies in the reproduction department.

Some people who asked got two envelopes, each with about an ounce of seed in it. That pink thing in the center of the picture with the envelopes is the infamous Lady Gaga Postage MeterTM. :) ("Wanna postal romance! . . . . ")

This time, a lot more went overseas than to the U.S., but who's being nationalistic. Some went to Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia/Herz, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, UK, Canada, and even Morocco! In the U.S., they went to Texas, Florida, New York, California (including SB, hope you're all right up there) and Washington D.C.

I've got a few seeds left, though I'm running low till I get more in. Which I'm pretty sure I will. @Nico94, look for an envelope to you, too, mon ami!

None of the seeds were cleaned; they were a mix of ones I've had a while, and other new ones, both and bush and tree types. I expect that the big majority will be tree types.

Let us know how they grow!

• Upvote 3

Seeds arrived today in NY. Thank you very much. Will post when germination occurs. You are very generous and very much appreciated. Will be watching for other seed gifting. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks a lot  :greenthumb:

:yay:Yes,today the seeds arrived too:yay:

One more addicted in the Nehterlands 

These seeds need to exercise ,in some warm water for there swimmingdiploma.

After several day's they may hit the beach for some heat and sand.

:badday:Some time a little rain :badday:

Fingers crossed  for germination

• Upvote 1

The seeds were not cleaned. I wouldn't bother cleaning them, just soak a few days in some water, then plant in 4 - 6" (10 - 15 CM) potting soil, cover half an inch (1 cm) and keep moist.

The ones I've tested have sprouted in about a month. They may take longer, so don't give up if they take longer.

Once the plants get 2 - 3 leaves, gently pot in little "dixie cups" or small pots. When they fill those with roots, move to 1 gallon or larger pot.

Got mine in the UK yesterday, thanks Dave.

I've spotted an imposter though. Any ideas what it is?

It's tiny and pointed at one end. Definitely not Chamaedorea.

It's the one on the left.

IMG_20180120_114917_crop_518x518.jpg

• Upvote 2

Thanks Dave for the seeds. Got both of them on Friday. Thought I lost some but these are tough palms as  three of them sailed through our pnw winters with just a plant pot covering them. :D

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018, 3:52:23, Ivorhooper said:

Got mine in the UK yesterday, thanks Dave.

I've spotted an imposter though. Any ideas what it is?

It's tiny and pointed at one end. Definitely not Chamaedorea.

It's the one on the left.

IMG_20180120_114917_crop_518x518.jpg

dunno

sprout and see!