IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Palms I planted this weekend- some rare stuff!!!

Gbarce

Oh, very nice choices!  You are able to source these locally? That reminds me... I need more Licualas!

• Upvote 2

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Great plants, you are fortunate to live in such a lovely part of the world.

Cheers Steve

It is not dead, it is just senescence.

Certainly little jewel palms you planted there. 

Carambeí, 2nd tableland of the State Paraná , south Brazil.

Alt:1030m. Native palms: Queen, B. eriospatha, B. microspadix, Allagoptera leucocalyx , A.campestris, Geonoma schottiana, Trithrinax acanthocoma. Subtr. climate, some frosty nights. No dry season. August: driest month. Rain:1700mm

I am seeking for cold hardy palms!

On 11/23/2017, 6:23:12, Gbarce said:

Some non-palms too - Alpinia rugose and a variegated banana.  I am not sure if it's the "ae-ae" cultivar from hawaiiDSC_3300.thumb.JPG.b47a91e8bc83ffc44c7b8DSC_3298.thumb.JPG.cfddbed273bb121b16684

Where did you find the alpine rugosa? It's been on my wish list for a couple years but I haven't found a source for it.

You have gorgeous new plants. Congrats.

Tracy

Stuart, Florida

Zone 10a

So many palms, so little room

I am in the Philippines and I usually get the really rare stuff in the annual plant shows we have over here. You just have to come early and saved up a lot of money -- because the rare and unusual stuff tends to go fast and are usually priced at a premium.

• Upvote 2

Gene

Manila, Philippines

53 feet above sea level - inland

Hot and dry in summer, humid and sticky monsoon season, perfect weather Christmas time

http://freakofnaturezzz.blogspot.com/