IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

New red leaf on Kentiopsis pyriformis

sarasota alex

These are great palms; the new leaf color is really cool. Yours looks way happy.

• Upvote 1

Bret

Coastal canyon area of San Diego

"In the shadow of the Cross"

That is such an amazing palm . Wish the hurricane didn't take mine out.. time for a new one. Thanks for sharing 

• Upvote 1

My one of a similar size in full shade produces a similar shade of red (bit of orange-brown in it). Kentiopsis magnifica has a new frond similar colour to Chambeyronia macrocarpa that is more of a red. Great genus. I have found them pretty hardy in the temperate zone but those two species are very slow for me.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Sir Oxylon said:

My one of a similar size in full shade produces a similar shade of red (bit of orange-brown in it). Kentiopsis magnifica has a new frond similar colour to Chambeyronia macrocarpa that is more of a red. Great genus. I have found them pretty hardy in the temperate zone but those two species are very slow for me.

Great to hear they do good in Melbourne. Most of my new cal stuff does better in Albany than it ever did in Perth. Gotta try and find Chambeyronia lepidota again.

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

Oh yeah.

Wait'll it gets to this size:

IMG_2623.thumb.JPG.086dd718a01891198463a

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Or, another look, scream.

(Hold breath for 25 years.)

IMG_2919.thumb.JPG.80f7005f7b63e90e977f0

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

29 minutes ago, sarasota alex said:

Nice! Are those yours Dave?

No, just down the road a piece, at our last PSSC meeting

Mine are much much much smaller, so far