IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Tahina Update

Gbarce

DSC_2894.thumb.JPG.f2f6a67c9c16bb919a4b2DSC_2898.thumb.JPG.a7726a75c5e02412655fcDSC_2899.thumb.JPG.f4ec51be5986c3fabe567I can't measure it anymore but My guess is that its 25 feet tall now.

The leaves are already coming out in a spiraling pattern around the TrunkDSC_2897.thumb.JPG.c42f7e83a3ee0b9f56304

Edited by Gbarce
Corrected the orientation of the pictures
  • Upvote 7

Gene

Manila, Philippines

53 feet above sea level - inland

Hot and dry in summer, humid and sticky monsoon season, perfect weather Christmas time

http://freakofnaturezzz.blogspot.com/

Wow! :o Spectacular! How old/big was it when it rotated out of distichous mode?

Just "fantastic" with those huge leaves, wow!

Love the setting with the giant royals around it. Beautiful!

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

FANTASTIC !

it really seems that Tahina IS THE PALM for lucky old IPS and Palmtalk members, I wonder when and how I'll get such a beauty ...

Thanks for posting.

5809129ecff1c_P1010385copie3.JPG.15aa3f5

Philippe

Jungle Paradise in Sri Lanka

Kim - I think it started rotating about 2 years ago.  I don't have my records on this but you can calculate that from the time the first seeds were offered to the public.

I actually regret planting it so close to the Royals -- the falling leaves cause serious damage to the Tahina

Gene

Manila, Philippines

53 feet above sea level - inland

Hot and dry in summer, humid and sticky monsoon season, perfect weather Christmas time

http://freakofnaturezzz.blogspot.com/

Gene, Such a great palm, very hardy here and beautiful at that. The one at my clients garden is in pretty poor coastal soil but a strong grower. Yours is

spectacular. Looks like we are all saving the specie. 

aloha

Gene,

That's a great looking Tahina! It looked fantastic when I visited you back in February this year, but it seems to have grown quite a bit since! :) Keep it up! :greenthumb:

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

On 11/4/2017, 12:21:21, John hovancsek said:

That is a stunner:rolleyes:. They are just so hard to get 

Find us some! Naples needs more Tahina (namely on each of our properties :greenthumb::D)!!

• Upvote 1

Naples (inland), FL - technically 10a but more like 9b in the winter :hmm: