My new royal palm tree Sanford Florida !!

12 posts in this topic

I just planted my royal today here in Sanford Florida ! I seen some other people here in my neighborhood with a few royals and foxtails . I live about 10 Min from lake Monroe so it seems like we have a microclimate here as there is a RV place about 5 Min away with about 15 royals that are nearly 30 feet tall! As long as we have a mild winter mybroyal should be fine ...fingers crossed ! 

67B01137-DC49-4A82-A2E6-DF71D5B6414B.jpeg

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great!  Congratulations!  I hope it will grow well for you. :greenthumb:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks ! I hope it does !

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great. In a few years it will be a beast.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jason-Palm king said:

I just planted my royal today here in Sanford Florida ! I seen some other people here in my neighborhood with a few royals and foxtails . I live about 10 Min from lake Monroe so it seems like we have a microclimate here as there is a RV place about 5 Min away with about 15 royals that are nearly 30 feet tall! As long as we have a mild winter mybroyal should be fine ...fingers crossed ! 

67B01137-DC49-4A82-A2E6-DF71D5B6414B.jpeg

Crossing my fingers, too.

Great job in siting! So often, people put them right next to the street, where leaves can damage cars.

See my PM.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking Good!!!

I live in Deltona, across the lake from you. I planted three Royals in my yard this past March and they have grown quickly since. With plenty of water and proper fertilization they have grown an additional 3-4 feet in height since, measured them at 15-16 ft. in December, purchased them at 12-13 ft. Going to add one more to my collection this coming Spring.

P.S. I know the RV seller you’re talking about, saw the Royals there as well.

Happy Growing!!!

Edited by Ravensdog
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like about 3 nights at freezing for you, are you going to protect it in any way?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ravensdog said:

Looking Good!!!

I live in Deltona, across the lake from you. I planted three Royals in my yard this past March and they have grown quickly since. With plenty of water and proper fertilization they have grown an additional 3-4 feet in height since, measured them at 15-16 ft. in December, purchased them at 12-13 ft. Going to add one more to my collection this coming Spring.

P.S. I know the RV seller you’re talking about, saw the Royals there as well.

Happy Growing!!!

Nice ! Show me some pics please of your royals ! I wanna see them 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Opal92 said:

Looks like about 3 nights at freezing for you, are you going to protect it in any way?

Nah. My royal is pretty big . 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think my grandma sent me a picture of those foxtails a while ago (she lives in Leesburg). Situated between those lakes must really help!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At freezing it will burn but recover quickly when heat returns. Royals can take down to mid-20s with major damage - I wouldn’t subject seedlings to such cold. My largest Royal has experienced ice cold rain and a 28.5F night. It was cosmetically damaged and very unhappy, but it recovered and forged ahead.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most Royals (80%+) survived 2010 here.  The ones at Harrison School of the Arts had only been in the ground for a year or so when the freeze hit.  As long as Sanford doesn't surpass what we had in 2010, it should make it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now