IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Rps is not charging me for 3 weeks

Cocos korea

I ordered at 9. 12 2017

24days after they didn't even charged me yet

What is going on? 

Somebody having same problem like me?

I sent email but like usual no reply :)

I am getting angry .. 

Welcome on Palmtalk, Sung joon Huh,

Don't get angry, RPS can be busy with orders and they always do their best.
It may happen you wait for the seeds for 4 or 6 weeks, I am sure your order will be ok in the next days.

Since the germination of palm seeds can be difficult, if you ordered mostly species with the blue tag "new" on the list, you'll be happy to see your seeds sprouting almost all together. ( seeds of one species) . For some species, you'll have to wait patiently.

If  you can post pictures of your garden or other gardens with palms in South Korea, it'll fine for us , Palmtalk members.

5809129ecff1c_P1010385copie3.JPG.15aa3f5

Philippe

Jungle Paradise in Sri Lanka

2 hours ago, Cocos korea said:

I ordered at 9. 12 2017

What is going on? 

I am getting angry .. 

Mr. Sung!

Welcome to Palm Talk! 안녕하세요. 로스 앤젤레스와 남부 캘리포니아의 야자 열매입니다.

Phillipe is correct. Patience. I've ordered from RPS a number of times.

Also, see my PM (Private Message)

If you like palms, you have come to the right place.

dave

• Upvote 1

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

You're not alone, took 7 weeks this last order to charge the card and still no tracking #. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, DoomsDave said:

Mr. Sung!

dave

Dave,

Can you also write sinhalese? you're really polyglotte !
Good for Palmtalk community :D

• Upvote 1

Philippe

Just now, doranakandawatta said:

Dave,

Can you also write sinhalese? you're really polyglotte !
Good for Palmtalk community :D

I got this from a free translator.

ලොස් ඇන්ජලිස් සහ දකුණු කැලිෆෝනියාවේ පාම් ගෙඩිවලින් හෙලෝ!

• Upvote 1

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

20 minutes ago, DoomsDave said:

I got this from a free translator.

ලොස් ඇන්ජලිස් සහ දකුණු කැලිෆෝනියාවේ පාම් ගෙඩිවලින් හෙලෝ!

So you can write also sinhalese ... Good to know !

• Upvote 2

Philippe

4 hours ago, Cocos korea said:

I ordered at 9. 12 2017

What is going on? 

I am getting angry .. 

Save your anger for something else. :)

Buying palm seeds is unlike buying many other products -- even other plant seeds. Some types of plant seeds can sit dry in a paper envelope for a year or more and when planted - boom! -- they sprout. Many palm seeds are RARE (as in the title of RPS) and must be harvested at just the right time and shipped at just the right time. This can mean waiting for the palm to complete the cycle of seed production, then be harvested in some far-away place, then routed to RPS and then to buyers. It is not like ordering fast food.

You should be happy you have not yet been charged -- that is better than being charged and then waiting.

All that said,effective communication from the seller would improve perception on the part of buyer, I completely agree.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

4 hours ago, doranakandawatta said:

Welcome on Palmtalk, Sung joon Huh,

Don't get angry, RPS can be busy with orders and they always do their best.
It may happen you wait for the seeds for 4 or 6 weeks, I am sure your order will be ok in the next days.

Since the germination of palm seeds can be difficult, if you ordered mostly species with the blue tag "new" on the list, you'll be happy to see your seeds sprouting almost all together. ( seeds of one species) . For some species, you'll have to wait patiently.

If  you can post pictures of your garden or other gardens with palms in South Korea, it'll fine for us , Palmtalk members.

Hello!

Actually I successfully received  3 times from RPS but what makes me anxious was that they didn't say about delaying of charging...  getting cold outside everyday(well this is my fault for ordering at this time of year)

I used to order only "new" seeds after reading lots of precious discussion at palmtalk  !  ( unless it is a definetely orthodox species) 

Well I have indoor veranda garden in my apartment and I sometimes posted pictures on facebook IPS group :)

I will post here too

And most of palm trees growing outside is far south from here.. but I will definetely go there soon!

Thank you for comment!

4 hours ago, TexasColdHardyPalms said:

You're not alone, took 7 weeks this last order to charge the card and still no tracking #. 

2 months!  That's way too long!!!

Did you ordered in wholesale?

I didn't get any tracking no. from small packets

5 hours ago, DoomsDave said:

Mr. Sung!

I just reply to your PM!

haha I like the translation!

It came out

" Hello, it is Palm fruit of Los angeles and Southern California "

Yes Palm talk is the best place to hang out in the world if someone is a Palm enthusiast!

3 hours ago, Kim said:

Save your anger for something else. :)

Buying palm seeds is unlike buying many other products -- even other plant seeds. Some types of plant seeds can sit dry in a paper envelope for a year or more and when planted - boom! -- they sprout. Many palm seeds are RARE (as in the title of RPS) and must be harvested at just the right time and shipped at just the right time. This can mean waiting for the palm to complete the cycle of seed production, then be harvested in some far-away place, then routed to RPS and then to buyers. It is not like ordering fast food.

You should be happy you have not yet been charged -- that is better than being charged and then waiting.

All that said,effective communication from the seller would improve perception on the part of buyer, I completely agree.

I thought they have all seeds in their list ready to be shipped, just waiting in their warehouse! Maybe I was misunderstanding

I was kind of in rush because I ordered some  "germinated"seeds, so hope they send the seeds as fast as possible before it gets too big!