IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Put your knowledge to the test!

lapalmeraie

I totaly forgotten to mention earlier my quizzes :lol:

So why not take a chance. Just for fun, it will only take a couple of minutes.
Please feel free to share your score (and reactions) in this topic:

quiz1.JPG.01491f0288bc9e2535cfdde61ab789

https://www.playbuzz.com/lapalmeraie10/the-exotic-gardening-quiz

quiz2.JPG.e734595bda020f869b5851554a3bb1

https://www.playbuzz.com/lapalmeraie10/palm-trees-do-you-recognize-all-the-species

• Upvote 6

0? Not even one by guessing? :o

That’s almost harden than a 10/10 result :lol:

Did you found it intresting anyway?

Edited by lapalmeraie

1 hour ago, lapalmeraie said:

0? Not even one by guessing? :o

That’s almost harden than a 10/10 result :lol:

Did you found it intresting anyway?

Don't worry, was 8/10:floor:.

4/10

3/10

Lol I did horribly, but I’m not surprised. I’m not good at identifying some of the rarer species, especially if they aren't cold hardy. I have a lot to learn lol.

8/10

4/10 :blink: If I grow them, I know them. If I don't grow them I don't know them. :blush: Strangely, though I grow over 300 species of palms, NONE of the choices for all 10 photos are palms I grow.

• Upvote 2

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

8 hours ago, Monòver said:

Don't worry, was 8/10:floor:.

You got me :P

@Kim: I know exactly what you mean. When thinking you know quite some species it’s always a bit frustrating when seeing palms on television or photos that you can’t determine for sure. I have the same feeling when another palmfreak sends photos from Brasil. So many species that I just don’t recognize straight away. Even if I have some but in still in a juvenile stage. « what are you supposed to become again » afger a few years with non devided juvenile leaves only :lol:

That was the exact raison of making this little quizz. Lovely to see how we like to hold on the names we know and the otherway round to see the wide variety of genera and species which can sometime be quite ressembling. It wasn’t easy at all to find all the species for this quizz and to create something not to hard but not the cheesy neither. ^_^

Hope you enjoyed playing both and maybe another one next time. Thinking about seed-recognition but working first on the entire translation to English of my website. 

Kr

Niek

Nice quiz - I liked it even though I didn't guess very well!  6 of 10 and then 7 of 10.  I like your idea of the seed recognition one - there are some cool looking seeds in the palm world in addition to the palms themselves!

Jon

Jon Sunder

8/10

9/10

• Upvote 1

Carambeí, 2nd tableland of the State Paraná , south Brazil.

Alt:1030m. Native palms: Queen, B. eriospatha, B. microspadix, Allagoptera leucocalyx , A.campestris, Geonoma schottiana, Trithrinax acanthocoma. Subtr. climate, some frosty nights. No dry season. August: driest month. Rain:1700mm

I am seeking for cold hardy palms!

10/10

10/10

Do I get a prize? I spend way too much time on the internet, I recognize some of the stock photos :D

• Upvote 3

Jonathan

Katy, TX (Zone 9a)

14 hours ago, Kai said:

"I did horribly"

On 9/27/2017, 6:09:30, cm05 said:

"Lol I did horribly"

Don't worry you both still beat me. 

Recognize them, I had not even heard of most of them. :D:D

Cheers Steve

It is not dead, it is just senescence.