IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Count your Blessings

Palmaceae

As everyone knows, Florida, Texas and the Caribbean has had a tough few weeks. During times of problems we can see how good people can be and how bad people can be. You hear of looters and of course that shows the worst of humanity. But then you have friends, relatives, and people you don't even know help others, that is the best of humanity. As a Pastor I see both, but I thank God everyday for the love people show others, and I can see that on this forum.

As for me I could have complained as my garden was damaged badly, and was without power for 6 days, but we have it so much better than others, we are truly blessed.

My family is safe, and the people we helped and stayed with us during the storm are ok, my congragation is safe, the people here on PT are ok, that is what matters!

Sure we had a tough week, the hardest part is we had to put our 13 year old Chihuahua (Gizmo) to sleep last Friday after a long illness, that was incredibly difficult. My wife has some medical issues, i have medical issues and I was in the ER this morning as I tore a disc in my back with all the debris cleanup.  Tough getting old ;)

But we are still incredibly blessed.  So when hard times hits please count your blessings as there are many! Sometimes we are on the mountain top and sometimes in the valley, but when we are in the valley that is where we get stronger!

• Upvote 4

Lived in Cape Coral, Miami, Orlando and St. Petersburg Florida.

Well said, Pastor Randy. Let us know if Tim & I can help out. We wish you a speedy recovery and that your back heals itself without surgery.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

50 minutes ago, PalmatierMeg said:

Well said, Pastor Randy. Let us know if Tim & I can help out. We wish you a speedy recovery and that your back heals itself without surgery.

Thank you Meg and Tim! My back will be ok, just a few days rest is what I need. I had a cortisone shot in my of my knees yesterday, and wow that was a big needle :huh:. I think I need a body transplant :D

I pray for yours and Tim's healing also as you all had challenges too, but God is always with you!

Lived in Cape Coral, Miami, Orlando and St. Petersburg Florida.

Thank you Pastor Randy. A great reminder.

I am saddened to hear of the so very difficult situations you and others affected by the extreme weather are facing. These events are an opportunity for us to love one another and grow deeper in community. Kindness, Knowledge, and Encouragement are 3 things that do not cost anything to give away.  I am praying for all of those affected by these storms.

See my PM.

Hope you get better.

Casting whatever spells we can to put a hex on Maria . . . .

Hope Cindy and the others in PR are okay.

• Upvote 1

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

On 9/19/2017, 3:23:42, PalmatierMeg said:

Oh, yes, do try to avoid Fun SurgeryTM.

Especially on the back. Too much fun.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.