IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Looking for cool nurseries in Palm Beach County

Kekoanui

Mounts Botanical Garden is always worth a visit regardless, but if you time your visit to one of their plant sales (Sept,Oct,Nov already on their website) it's a win win. They sell a few plants at their gift shop and check the hours of their nursery too.

Loxahatchee has lots of good options including palms and so does Lake Worth although all I know is they are easy drives for me when I am near Mounts.

And don't miss the Ann Norton sculpture garden but no plants for sale there. 

I am sure all the FL residents can help with lots more.

Cindy Adair

There are several good nurseries in Paln Beach County. There are 3-4 in Loxahatche and i have one in Lake Worth and Loxahatchee with Palms and Cycads.

• Upvote 1

Dale F. Holton

Caribbean Palms Nursery in Loxahatchee. Awesome place with many, you guessed it, palms from the caribbean. Other nice palms as well. 

I have visited both of the nurseries listed above and they are excellent. Don't miss the chance!

If you enjoy the unusual, including mostly non palms, try http://gardinonursery.com where you must call ahead for an appointment. They primarily ship, but will sell on site also. 

• Upvote 1

Cindy Adair

Thanks for the info gang.  Looking to buy some smaller stature colorful palms to keep in pots e.g.  Areca vestiaria "maroon".

...also there is Excelsa Gardens in Loxahatchee 561-790-3789

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane / To chase you anywhere

--Avett Bros

20 hours ago, MAPU 1 said:

There are several good nurseries in Paln Beach County. There are 3-4 in Loxahatche and i have one in Lake Worth and Loxahatchee with Palms and Cycads.

Mapu1, can you PM me your location? I 'd love to check out a few local growers down here.

9 hours ago, Cindy Adair said:

I have visited both of the nurseries listed above and they are excellent. Don't miss the chance!

If you enjoy the unusual, including mostly non palms, try http://gardinonursery.com where you must call ahead for an appointment. They primarily ship, but will sell on site also. 

I can attest to the quality of plants from Gardino Nursery. I've ordered from them for years and never been disappointed. Among the less common plants I got from them this year are: Poitea carinalis (Caribwood) and Spathodea campanulata 'aurea' (Yellow African Tulip Tree).They can ship to California BTW.

I too have bought from Excelsa Gardens in Loxahatchee, FL and I have also heard about D'Asign Source Botanical nursery in Loxahatchee, FL, but I have never been there.

Please be sure and tell any nurseries you visit that you heard about them from PT which is owned by the IPS. I expect some nursery owners mentioned above are members, but we want them all to join us here and even consider purchasing advertising space. Thanks!

Oh and remember that if you are a paid up member of the IPS, you need to private message PALM MOD (by clicking on the mail icon top right of your screen) as he is not directly connected with the membership information.

Cindy Adair

You could also just go next door to Broward County or Dade County.  There, you will find an abundance of selection.  You will find huge and specialized nurseries that have nothing but bromeliads, etc.  Up here in northern Florida, we simply don't have that sort of thing. 

Happy shopping.

Broward county? Now that it was mentioned, I have a large, wonderful collection of palms if you have the time to drive a little further south. You can send me a private message and I'll give yo all the details.

Jeff

• Upvote 1

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Hey Jeff, I've been to your fall and spring sale a few times, and have been to your house twice. I am just new to the forum. We used to drive from Brevard County and it was always worth the trip.

Jeff, I don't think I have ever been your nursery.  Is it the following?:

SEARLE BROTHERS NURSERY

6640 SW 172nd Avenue

Southwest Ranches, Florida

If so, do you have any Foxy Lady palms for sale in small sizes, e.g. 3 gallon?  If so, please feel free to PM me any pricing info.

Thanks.