Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Who is Somebody?

10 posts in this topic

I have noticed recently that for almost every post "Somebody " gives a reputation . Who is this?

10 hours ago, scottgt said:

I have noticed recently that for almost every post "Somebody " gives a reputation . Who is this?

If it's your own post, click on your profile and you can find out.

26 minutes ago, Pando said:

If it's your own post, click on your profile and you can find out.

No it still says Somebody.

13 hours ago, scottgt said:

For this post it was me.  I agree.  Something changed. Used to be able to see who it was.

DID you guys figure it out?  I can see mine.  Go to your profile and under activity you should see them. 

The way I see it - under "Notifications" (the bell symbol in upper left) it says "Somebody gave you reputation...", but when you click on your profile then you can see the names who gave you reputation.

20 hours ago, Pando said:

The way I see it - under "Notifications" (the bell symbol in upper left) it says "Somebody gave you reputation...", but when you click on your profile then you can see the names who gave you reputation.

No it still says somebody......

I'm not seeing this issue. 

The ability to see who gives a PT User a "Reputation" is one of many extra privileges afforded IPS Members. 

As you may know, we have to depend on you to let us know if you are an IPS Member. And many times you inform us of when you become a Member - so as to get these extra benefits here (like the ability to list plants for sale) - but then neglect to let us know if you decided to drop your Membership. 

During a periodic check, we removed many Users from the IPS Member Group after confirming that they were no longer current IPS Members. So, if you no longer see who gives you "reputations," this is probably why. If this was done in error, or if you are a current IPS Member and not included in the IPS Member Group, you must PM me and let me know.

And of course, you can always re-join the IPS. Just go to the IPS Main Webpage and sign up. If you wish to support PalmTalk and the study and enjoyment of palms, this is how you can help.

2 hours ago, PALM MOD said:

The ability to see who gives a PT User a "Reputation" is one of many extra privileges afforded IPS Members. 

As you may know, we have to depend on you to let us know if you are an IPS Member. And many times you inform us of when you become a Member - so as to get these extra benefits here (like the ability to list plants for sale) - but then neglect to let us know if you decided to drop your Membership. 

During a periodic check, we removed many Users from the IPS Member Group after confirming that they were no longer current IPS Members. So, if you no longer see who gives you "reputations," this is probably why. If this was done in error, or if you are a current IPS Member and not included in the IPS Member Group, you must PM me and let me know.

And of course, you can always re-join the IPS. Just go to the IPS Main Webpage and sign up. If you wish to support PalmTalk and the study and enjoyment of palms, this is how you can help.

Thanks Dean.  That makes sense.