IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Archontophoenix alexandrae, show yours!

cisco

I sowed Archontophoenix alexandrae seeds in March. Now, the King palm seedling looks like this. I want to see yours, please! Growing tips??

DSC_1930.JPG

• Upvote 6

• 3 weeks later...

Hatched in October 2016, so I think yours are doing great. Sorry for the fuzzy pics. I also have a 5 year old which almost died this winter in the greenhouse due to lack of water. Too much they rot, too little they shrivel. I'll post a pic when it has a leaf :blush:, which is shooting up nicely at the moment.

IMG_1751.JPG

IMG_1752.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 years later...

Sold as “True” Alexandrae. Looks very similar to a couple Maximas I bought from another nursery. 

E148D42F-61D8-4CA5-B884-EA021AA06646.jpeg

• Upvote 1

This is a triple Alexandrae Beatricea. A larger more robust version of Alexander. With a dark green trunk that can be turquoise in my garden.

542463F2-1A60-449C-8D5B-ECB456760FC0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is a smaller Beatricea that I bought as a small 5 gal a couple years ago. Once acclimated does just fine in full all day sun with very little leaf burning. They do get burned by frost once it hits below 33 degrees.

78D064C1-E141-4198-AFBF-970E736BC3F1.jpeg

• Like 1