IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Palm focus before and after pictures?

palm789

I need a fertalizer for my potted palms and got told this is the best one,does anyone have any before and after pictures of palms that has been fed with this so i can see results so i know it works and that irs not a con?,and how often would you fertalize a palm and how much do i give to potted palms 15liter rootball.

Mate, you ask a more complicated question than you realize. A before and after shot.... it is not that simple.  The shots are simple but the interpretation of the results are not. There is a lot of variation in sibling seeds/plants to start with. Then the environmental factors of different soils/potting mediums, temp, humidity, season and light. A before/after pic is usually meaningless for your purpose, in my opinion.

You could get a dozen different people telling you what worked for them and it will bear little relationship to whether it will work for you, or any of the others. Some people will give you pictures showing you how praying worked for them. I doubt that there is any 'best one', but the one recommended is probably as good as anything and not a 'con'. 

If you don't trust sales people, I suggest that you go to any local nursery and just buy any cheap, small size, general purpose fertilizer then use half of the recommended rate every three weeks in the growing season. That might only be three or four times a year, hence small size. Or just use a slow release fert a few times a year. Either of these will probably be as good as anything else.

With these suggestions at least, first you will do no harm, and second it can't be a con. 

I would like to see some pics of your palms. maybe some before and after shots? :D

• Upvote 2

Cheers Steve

It is not dead, it is just senescence.