IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

New Kentiopsis oliviformis added to the collection

Cape Garrett

In the early morning hours...and I mean early, Ken Johnson delivered and unloaded my first two Kentiopsis palms.  For one I want to thank him for taking the trip to the west coast to Cape Coral.  I know it's a long drive.  Great pleasure to finally meet him.  Second I want to say how great his service is.  I asked for some pictures of the Kentiopsis and the Satakentia for 15 feet.  Before the day was out he took the pictures and then I made a tough but good decision.  I have a Satakentia in a pot so I chose the Kentiopsis.  Planted in the early morning hours today before work.  They look great!  Really love the color.  Almost blue green.  Heavy!    Instant gratification.  I have a couple pictures for your viewing pleasure.  Thanks again Ken for not only delivering so early but also on mother's day and your birthday!  That's service!!  Hope you are having a happy one.  Will definitely do business in the future.  There's always room for one more...

IMG_20170514_193001.jpg

IMG_20170514_193033.jpg

• Upvote 7

Looking great Garrett!

• Upvote 1

Lived in Cape Coral, Miami, Orlando and St. Petersburg Florida.

Great palm species, great specimen!

• Upvote 2

Jim in Los Altos, CA  SF Bay Area 37.34N- 122.13W- 190' above sea level

zone 10a/9b

sunset zone 16

300+ palms, 90+ species in the ground

Las Palmas Design

Facebook Page

Las Palmas Design & Associates

Elegant Homes and Gardens

Ken Johnson is the man. All of my Kentiopsis came from him as well as a many other palms I covet, in my collection.

I like where you put the paddle leaf--prominent spot!

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Mandrew968 said:

Ken Johnson is the man. All of my Kentiopsis came from him as well as a many other palms I covet, in my collection.

I like where you put the paddle leaf--prominent spot!

Thanks Andrew.  Wanted her right where I can see her everyday.  As she grows I'll post pictures.

• 1 month later...

Ken Johnson supplies great specimen palms.  I bought 3 specimen KO in summer 2011 and two have set seed.    Its hard to get a pic as they are big and Im "in the jungle now.  the largest is ~ 25'.  the biggest shown here with my size 12 foot at the trunk base.  the second biggest shown setting seed(most of the seed already fell on the ground when I was away) and the biggest in 3rd photo, looking skyward.KOtrunk.thumb.PNG.f70beca4ea4f4de2532b53KOsettingseed1.thumb.PNG.3b4f5d245df46b525' overall

bigKO.thumb.PNG.264605e90d110cbc0ca4d9a5

• Upvote 3

Formerly in Gilbert AZ, zone 9a/9b. Now in Palmetto, Florida Zone 9b/10a??

Tom Blank

8 minutes ago, sonoranfans said:

Ken Johnson supplies great specimen palms.  I bought 3 specimen KO in summer 2011 and two have set seed.    Its hard to get a pic as they are big and Im "in the jungle now.  the largest is ~ 25'.  the biggest shown here with my size 12 foot at the trunk base.  the second biggest shown setting seed(most of the seed already fell on the ground when I was away) and the biggest in 3rd photo, looking skyward.KOtrunk.thumb.PNG.f70beca4ea4f4de2532b53KOsettingseed1.thumb.PNG.3b4f5d245df46b525' overall

bigKO.thumb.PNG.264605e90d110cbc0ca4d9a5

Big indeed.

Well grown.