IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Nice C. Alba 1G liners

TexasColdHardyPalms

I have a lot of really nice 3 year old 1G plants ready to go in the ground or in 10-15 gallon pots..  9.99 each plus shipping

On April 29, 2017 1:29:31 PM, TexasColdHardyPalms said:

I have a lot of really nice 3 year old 1G plants ready to go in the ground or in 10-15 gallon pots..  9.99 each plus shipping

That's a really good deal, especially since you ship.  I have one of these (that I bought locally), that I never ended up planting, but it has thrived, in a pot here and seems to a really tough palm.

9.99 for one, $3 more for ea additional plant.  

Pictures worth a 1,000 words!  

I don't even know what a C. Alba is (but I'm a rookie)

Copie albas are tough as nails, and don't turn into enormous monsters. Crowns are about 3 feet (1 M) across, trunks about 6" once you remove old leafbases, closer to 12" with leafbases on. Full sun, cold, heat, won't faze them.

They're great for that spot where you need something that does not require fussing over.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Couple of great palms arrived today so wanted to share what they look like. Gotta be careful when potting up the fronds will "grab ya" lol

Glad to add these beauties to my collection. Well packaged and fast shipping.

DSCF0290.JPG

• Upvote 3

Those plants are still straplings. By segmented fronds spikes become really horrific.

That pair will quadruple in size in those pots this summer. They aren't slouches when they have a bit of room to grow.

I was amazed at how large the root structure was on them.

How much sun have they been used to at your nursery?

They were under 20% shade,  but have seen 100f+ just about everyday for 60 days. 

On ‎24‎/‎5‎/‎2017‎ ‎4‎:‎19‎:‎27‎, sashaeffer said:

Couple of great palms arrived today so wanted to share what they look like. Gotta be careful when potting up the fronds will "grab ya" lol

Glad to add these beauties to my collection. Well packaged and fast shipping.

DSCF0290.JPG

You got a pretty good price on those. Some of the first palms seeds I germinated about 4 years ago were C. Albas. Despite being pretty slow from seed, they've been a joy to grow since they don't complain about much. Even my larger C. Albas that I have in large pots are not fussy at all. I leave them on a covered deck in winter time, barely water them, and they don't flinch. One of my favorite palms. And hey, even as 6-8 inch seedlings, they'll "grab ya" too- Lol

• Upvote 1

On 24/5/2017, 11:44:15, Phoenikakias said:

Those plants are still straplings. By segmented fronds spikes become really horrific.

I do not think, that can make a houseplant. In shade it stretches the petioles, which are equiped with very nasty spines. I had trouble with this plant in my  cold frame because of those spines. 

IMG_20170525_191734.thumb.jpg.e0d8d2c6e7

8 hours ago, Phoenikakias said:

I do not think, that can make a houseplant. In shade it stretches the petioles, which are equiped with very nasty spines. I had trouble with this plant in my  cold frame because of those spines. 

IMG_20170525_191734.thumb.jpg.e0d8d2c6e7

Phoenikakias, do you have any in ground? I feel these would do excellent where you are. They can take drought, heat and are cold hardy; not that it gets that cold where you are.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is mine which arrived yesterday afternoon and is now happily in the ground.  It's going to get nearly 12 hours of sun in this spot.  Thanks Joe!

Jon

rsz_copernicia_alba.jpg

Jon Sunder

8 hours ago, Fusca said:

Here is mine which arrived yesterday afternoon and is now happily in the ground.  It's going to get nearly 12 hours of sun in this spot.  Thanks Joe!

Jon

rsz_copernicia_alba.jpg

Its not planted deep enough.  Put more soil around it and mulch

• Upvote 1