IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

my Cyphophoenix elegans in ground

Mohsen

after visiting Colin's garden and watched his fantastic Cyphophoenix elegans  ( one of the most beautiful palms I have ever seen), I couldn't wait longer and put my small " Cyphophoenix elegans " in ground...I hope one day it becomes like Colin's ...I think there is a chance that the seeds came from Colin's actually as I got it from Ben ( @Kennybenjamin) ...

BTW, It's under full sun most of the day...can it get full sun at this size ?

IMG_0016.thumb.JPG.f9b2cc7d860cdeb4b7887

IMG_0017.thumb.JPG.829feb4ffd49eb3a7f015

COLIN.thumb.JPG.6ad4f1b800ec26d0b5f9fde1

• Upvote 10

Wow your in full planting mode. It will be happier in the ground. Should be ok in the sun, especially this time of year.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Palms4Steve said:

Wow your in full planting mode. It will be happier in the ground. Should be ok in the sun, especially this time of year.

there is a very simple reason for that, my wife and son are overseas and will be back this Friday, so I am using all chance I have ;) ...with having two jobs and many other things I am doing it will be  hard to find time to plant palms freely...I will be planting at least 1 or 2 this week as well... :)     

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Kennybenjamin said:

I don't think it will have a problem in the sun Mohsen

Thanks Ben

Can you remember if the seeds came from Colin ( the one in the picture)?

22 hours ago, Mohsen said:

Thanks Ben

Can you remember if the seeds came from Colin ( the one in the picture)?

Seeds were not from Colin

• Upvote 1

Ive got 2 the bigger 1 came from troy and done nothing for over a year in the pot within weeks of planting it out into 3/4 sun it pushed out a spear as did the smaller 1 i planted mine survived winter with no issues but they definitely need to go in the ground to get any growth out of them, 

• Upvote 1

I am preparing the soil this winter to plant out one of mine this spring given your success Mark. Mohsen I highly recommend Cyphophoenix (Veillonia) alba. Mine has done well outside in Melbourne for two winters now. Grows slowly put steadily. It was my favourite palm that I saw in New Caledonia. The most colourful of the New Caledonian palms and an underrated palm in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, SirOxylon said:

I am preparing the soil this winter to plant out one of mine this spring given your success Mark. Mohsen I highly recommend Cyphophoenix (Veillonia) alba. Mine has done well outside in Melbourne for two winters now. Grows slowly put steadily. It was my favourite palm that I saw in New Caledonia. The most colourful of the New Caledonian palms and an underrated palm in my opinion.

Thanks Daniel for the suggestion,

where did you get Cyphophoenix (Veillonia) alba ? I would like to give it a try here too...