kinzyjr

Calusa Palms Nursery, LLC

Do you recommend this vendor?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you recommend this vendor?

• RECOMMEND
    • DO NOT RECOMMEND

kinzyjr

This vendor comes to a number of the local plant sales in the Tampa/St. Petersburg area.  He typically carries a wonderful selection of palms, including Jamaican Tall, Maypan, and Malayan Dwarf coconut palms.

http://www.calusapalmsnursery.com/

Missi

Marc is a very kind and knowledgeable man. He carries a nice variety of well-grown palms and tropicals at affordable prices, even more than what is listed on his website. He vends at many FL gardening events, but also holds sales on-site (I highly suggest you sign up for his mailings, either email or snail mail). I have been incredibly pleased with each plant I've purchased from him.

Follow Calusa Palms on Facebook

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• CLINODAVE
      By CLINODAVE
      It was beyond sunny here in Hilo area yesterday.  So nice!  (this much sun has been a bit rare over the past year) I couldn't resist a pic of coconut and Clino fronds happy together.  Coconut has bunch of keiki beneath that I suppose will remain as keiki given the shade.

• Walt
      By Walt
      The YouTube video below is a 2018 update of my green Malayan dwarf coconut palm that I've been growing for about 16 years now. My coconut palm actually fared very well from Hurricane Irma in September of 2017, but it was frond damaged by a frost I had this past February on the coldest night of the winter. I estimate my low temperature that morning (at sun up) was in the high 20s, as Lake Placid Elementary Schools STEM weather station (tied to weather underground website) recorded a low of just over 35 degrees, and I generally run 7-8 degrees colder since I'm in a low spot, and the school is on much higher ground up in town. I had some fear that the coconuts on my palm (that went through the winter) might not be good, but all the ones I've picked and ate were great tasting. They are small in size, but taste great just the same.  The video shows one of the coconut I opened and ate. I gave a neighbor a couple of coconuts and she loved them.

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      I believe this is naturalized, I found this when looking around on street view in inland South Florida. https://www.google.com/maps/@25.7612804,-80.8995018,3a,62.5y,351.69h,94.44t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sHWqyr5gpKPWrnnVv8ObX2A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
    • Jake
      By Jake
      So I’m planning on moving to the Emerald Coast after I finish my EMT-P. From what I’ve seen, it’s mostly Cabbage Palms, Canary Island Dates, Windmills, and some California Fan Palms. 
      The area seems to have most everything I want, but I find it slightly upsetting that Cocoa’s cannot grow there! I did some research on the subject and found that Pensacola and Panama City are both 9a USDA zones. Not surprising at all.
      Now this is what throws me off; Multiple websites I have seen say that Coconut Palms are “..great for growing from 9a to 11..” Is this information just plain wrong? I’m just confused as to why no one would plant these in the panhandle if they are able..?
      Thanks for your time,
      - Jake

• LF-TX
      By LF-TX
      Another snow survivor! This coconut was found on Palm Blvd in Brownsville TX. Not sure what variety it is, anyone wants to give it a shot? 
      Sorry for the quality of the picture, will try to get a better one soon.