IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

many species of palm seeds for sale

fiji jim

On 20th February 2016 we had the mother of all cyclones here with winds over 300 klm/hr. Consequently the garden got thrashed and we spent most of last year repairing and restoring. The good effect is that many palms are now fruiting prolifically with their survival/reproductive instincts multiplying seed production. So many are producing for the first time.

All these seed has been collected from our Flora Tropica Gardens here in Savusavu.

Seeing as my Pay Pal account is in Australia the prices are in AUD.

Costs must be paid by paypal, plus airmail costs and $25 if a phytosanitary certificate is required. Minimum purchase is $50.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

At present 1AUD = 0.75USD

Acoelorraphe wrighti               @ $2.80 for 20 or $8.50 for 100, 300 available

Aiphanes horrida                     @ $1 each, 50 available, more to harvest soon.

Arenga hookeriana                 @ $20 for 20 or $70 for 100, 200 available, more to harvest.

Brassiophoenix schumannii    @ $2 each, 50 available, more to harvest soon.

Carpentaria acuminata           @ $3 for 20 or $10 for 100, 800n available, more to harvest.

Carpoxylon macrospermum    @ $3 each, 25 available.

Drymorphloes litigiosis            @ $5.50 for 20 or $17 for 100, 770 available

Drymorphloes oliformis          @ $10 for 20 or $30 for 100, 400 available

Dypsis sanctaemarie              @ $0.70 each, 62 available

Hydriastele rheophytica          @ $0.80 each, 50 available

Latania lontaroides                  @ $18 for 20 or $55 for 100, 400 available, more to harvest.

Licuala grandis                        @ $5 for 20 or $16 for 100, 500 available

Livistona muelleri                    @ $9 for 20 or $28 for 100, 150 available

Sabal minor                             @ $4 for 20 or $12 for 100, 2000 available, more to harvest.

Thrinax parviflora                    @ $5 for 20 or $15 for 100, 500 available, more too harvest.

Verschaffelta splendida          @ $15 for 20 or $50 for 100, 500 available, more to harvest.

Soon to harvest –

Veitchia filifera

Balaka macrocarpa var Natewa

Areca guppyana

Veitchia arecina

Licuala spinosa

Bismarckia nobilis (sil/blue form)

Ptychosperma macarthurii

Ptychosperma cuneatum

Pinanga kuhlii

Areca triandra

Balaka seemannii

Balaka longirostris

Located on Vanua Levu near Savusavu (16degrees South) Elevation from sealevel to 30meters with average annual rainfall of 2800mm (110in) with temperature from 18 to 34C (65 to 92F).

Good Day fiji jim,

Looking forward to these, I'm happy to see such a variety.

Here's my PM info: Zenon Wijtyk, 22 Adam Street ,  Hamburg,PA 19526-8662

Wanting to get these seeds when ready: #1- Pinanga kuhlii,  #2-

Areca guppyana, #3- Balaka longirostris

, #4- Ptychosperma cuneatu

Amounts depends on prices!

These to be added with the others when they can be totaled together.

Licuala grandis, @ $5 for 20 or $16 for 100, 500 available

Hydriastele rheophytica, Hydriastele rheophytica  @ $0.80 each, 50 available

20 x . 80 = 16.00  

Drymophloeus oliviformis,  Drymorphloes oliformis  @ $10 for 20 or $30 for 100, 400 available

Hi Zenon,

I will check for the 3 spp not yet harvested an see how soon they are ripe and inform you of the costs.

Regards,

Jim

Located on Vanua Levu near Savusavu (16degrees South) Elevation from sealevel to 30meters with average annual rainfall of 2800mm (110in) with temperature from 18 to 34C (65 to 92F).

Jim, here is my email. I pm'ed last night. Don't have that system mastered, I guess. Paypal ready. Send me an email address ,please. Thanks, KD i95east@aol.com

hi All,

If you cannot PM me please send an email to snlsavusavu@connect.com.fj

Thanks.

On 4/23/2017, 5:02:27, ZenMan 1 said:

Good Day fiji jim,

Looking forward to these, I'm happy to see such a variety.

Here's my PM info: Zenon Wijtyk, 22 Adam Street ,  Hamburg,PA 19526-8662

Wanting to get these seeds when ready: #1- Pinanga kuhlii,  #2-

Areca guppyana, #3- Balaka longirostris

, #4- Ptychosperma cuneatu

Amounts depends on prices!

These to be added with the others when they can be totaled together.

Licuala grandis, @ $5 for 20 or $16 for 100, 500 available

Hydriastele rheophytica, Hydriastele rheophytica  @ $0.80 each, 50 available

20 x . 80 = 16.00  

Drymophloeus oliviformis,  Drymorphloes oliformis  @ $10 for 20 or $30 for 100, 400 available

Hi Zenon,

The P. cuneatumn are ripe but other 2 spp are a month or more to go.

To order please email me at snlsavusavu@connect.com.fj

• 3 months later...

Good to see Zenon.

Did you pre-soak them or scarify them?

Hello Jim,

I just put them in warm water in a small jar for 24 hours on heat mat. I placed them in a bag with vermiculite, sand and peat moss kept moist on the heat mat, then waited. When they started to sprout I put them into a larger container to give them growing space. That's it!

Jim, 

What is the status on the Licuala grandis or the Licuala Spinosa? Do you still have these available?

-Ryan

Yes seeds of these still ripening and some ready. I  am awayfor another week or so, but when home will  check and let you know.