IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Schefflera’s in the PNW

Palm crazy

Went to a plant sale at the Rhododendron Species Botanical in Federway, WA. Zone 8b but they had a bad winter this year but they are still able to pull off some amazing plants. Here are a few of them. 

Schefflera delavayi, S. uknow, S. taiwaniana

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00006.JPG

DSC00050.JPG

• Upvote 3

Schefflera hoi  did not do as good it will recover quickly.  Another unknown one.  Some interesting things blooming. 

DSC00053.JPG

DSC00055.JPG

DSC00058.JPG

• Upvote 2

Mother of all Schefflera in the world. This one is so rare in the USA there’s probably only two. both in WA state. 

Schefflera macrophylla

DSC00028.JPG

DSC00032.JPG

DSC00034.JPG

DSC00037.JPG

Edited by Palm crazy
  • Upvote 4

Schefflera minutistellata,   Thanks for looking! 

DSC00046.JPG

Edited by Palm crazy
  • Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Ben in Norcal said:

Very nice!

Thanks I ended up buying  two Schefflera for myself… S. fengii and S. minutistellata. There are more Schefflera at the park but ran out of time to check them out. 

I also have S. delavayi in the ground now for 5 year, its about twice as big as the first picture.  Good luck with yours Ben. 

Thanks for looking! 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I finally found a place to plant my new schefflera alpina. Planted close to building but no overhead protection. New growth is purplish. But mine was growing in a greenhouse so no colour on new growth. 

DSC00012.JPG

DSC00017.JPG

Edited by Palm crazy