Hamal

Senci Rare Seeds - Sri Lanka

sgvcns

The Chamaedorea tuerckheimii seed from their ebay store has arrived.

All seed looks good and are sinkers. Hopefully they sprout true.

Steve

comic097

Bought from them 6 months ago got 1 seedling from 25 

Hamal

I have not ordered those yet, but some other species, among them Beccariophoenix alfredii. Unfortunately, they are anything but B. alfredii. The seeds were smaller, did not have three "eyes" that are typical of the tribe Cocoseae and germinated adjacently while B. alfredii is a remote germinator. So they sent the wrong species. I wonder if the other species were selected correctly. So I am not completely happy even though the germination rate is pretty good.

stone jaguar

Good luck with your "tuerckheimii" there, man!!

First image shows a male Veracruz form. Second and third images are mine (lifted without permission from PalmTalk and many years stale) of a young blue sullivaniorum and one of my garden colonies of Guatemalan blue tuerckheimii. Wow, I wonder how they got seed from my Vista Hermosa collection, being as how it doesn't exist anymore

So much of their other listings are so patently bullsh*t (e.g. Nepenthes edwardsiana seed), I'm surprised the have any buyers AT ALL.

Hamal

The quality of the seeds is not bad. They have a high germination percentage, but they seem to have a lot of ID problems. I ordered Archontophoenix purpurea, but received most likely Licuala grandis. I ordered Beccariophoenix alfredii, I have yet to figure out what I received. So most likely the Chamaedorea tuerckheimii sseds are anything but...