13 posts in this topic

Hey all! Started growing and protecting palms at my home in Fairfield, CT, and have since started a palm tree rental/sales/storage business! Can't believe how big the market is for this! I wanted to share with everyone some pics of my yard, and my website in case anyone needs trees up in the tri state area! Thanks everyone, enjoy!

Palm Tree Sales/Rental/Storage

ann.jpg

annn.jpg

annnn.jpg

annnnnnnnnnnn.jpg

annnnnnnnnnnnnn.jpg

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.jpg

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.jpg

annnnnnnnnnn.jpg

annnnnnnnnnnn.jpg

annnnn.jpg

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

WOW.  whats you protection method on christmas and bottle? They are amazing 

Edited by mksmth
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you!! They are hard. A lot of xmas lights and burlap and mulch lol

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is absolutely impressive! Seeing a bottle up there means you really work to keep everything alive. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! Do your palms stay in the ground all winter or do you lift them out of the ground? I'm curious mostly because of the bottle palm!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't it be easier to enclose the entire yard in a greenhouse? Lol 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any winter protection pics?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ChrisA said:

Wouldn't it be easier to enclose the entire yard in a greenhouse? Lol 

I've done that in the past, lots of money! I made a huge pvc greenhouse but it's a huge pain to assemble and take down

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jdiaz31089 said:

Nice! Do your palms stay in the ground all winter or do you lift them out of the ground? I'm curious mostly because of the bottle palm!

Year round! Some clients of mine bury the pots and then store with me in winter!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2017, 11:19:59, Chaz517 said:

Year round! Some clients of mine bury the pots and then store with me in winter!

 

So I find this a little confusing.   You have gotten all of those very tropical palms to last year round in the ground?   Please post your protection methods and photos of it.  I'd love to see.   Also, I'm a bit confused about the last sentence.  Some clients of yours bury the pots, and then store them with you?   I don't get that.  If they bury the pots how are they being stored with you in winter?   Wouldn't burying the pots mean they have to remain stationary where they were located to begin with? (IE: a clients yard)  

Also, I'm curious what your storage facility is.  Do you have a LARGE greenhouse somewhere that you are able to overwinter these in the very cold winters there? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, DCA_Palm_Fan said:

 

So I find this a little confusing.   You have gotten all of those very tropical palms to last year round in the ground?   Please post your protection methods and photos of it.  I'd love to see.   Also, I'm a bit confused about the last sentence.  Some clients of yours bury the pots, and then store them with you?   I don't get that.  If they bury the pots how are they being stored with you in winter?   Wouldn't burying the pots mean they have to remain stationary where they were located to begin with? (IE: a clients yard)  

Also, I'm curious what your storage facility is.  Do you have a LARGE greenhouse somewhere that you are able to overwinter these in the very cold winters there? 

Yes the past 2 years I have, the 2 years previous, snow and wind collapsed it when a big storm came through. It is a hard process. Clients bury the pots in sand, we come and dig the pots out of sand in October, store them, and return in May if they want them back. I rent a greenhouse in Cheshire, CT for winter storage. I have some pics let me dig some up so you can laugh haha. 

12118651_10153661640894491_628163991043152395_n.jpg

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW.  and I am too afraid to plant my windmill here LOL.   

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2017, 10:06:50, Chaz517 said:

Yes the past 2 years I have, the 2 years previous, snow and wind collapsed it when a big storm came through. It is a hard process. Clients bury the pots in sand, we come and dig the pots out of sand in October, store them, and return in May if they want them back. I rent a greenhouse in Cheshire, CT for winter storage. I have some pics let me dig some up so you can laugh haha. 

12118651_10153661640894491_628163991043152395_n.jpg

Wow.  That is one hell of an operation! Ive gotten to the point where I just refuse to do all that work.  Instead, I'm just going to move.  Just goes to show you when we get bitten by the bug, we get it BAD!  :yay::drool::D  

Ive got it bad enough that I am finally moving to FL!  Haha.   You know we all love pictures , so by all means please post more! 

Did you use any kind of heat inside of the make shift greenhouses you put up? 

Great on the storage greenhouse.  Ive heard of businesses like this before. I believe there is one in the Chicago area that has been making part of that lake front very tropical every summer.  They are HUGE tho and place mature and very tall trees.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now