Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Last frost date

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well I had two freezes here in March one at 32F and over the weekend on March 19th had 29F.  Was really hoping for warmer temps this month. Oh well last frost day is March 31 but I see nothing below 40F for the rest of the month. Planted out lots of things this weekend, Cannas, Elephant ears upright and regular, Dahlia ‘manhattan island’ you get the picture, LOL!

It’s finally Spring! 

Edited by Palm crazy

The last time we hit the freezing mark was back in January, which is unprecedented here. 

Posted (edited)

Feb 25th. 30.9F

Edited by NorCalKing

This year, didn't have any frost at all.  Typically, we get some frost in January and February.

No frost at all, and only three nights below 40F. Such a wonderfully mild winter but awfully dry. We average two frosts a winter in my coastal location but it has snowed here!:o

Last frost here was Jan 3rd at 30F. 

Story has been the constant cool days and rain, which we set a record for the number of days without a 70 degree high. Was a brutal winter.

No frost in my yard for our second winter since moving here 

Posted (edited)

Last 32ish low was mid to late march as it always is. But we also had a really bad cold snap in mid march that killed buds, leaves and flowers effectively stunting our spring. We are still paying for it with a very delayed spring. Second year in a row its been really bad but 4th where its pushed spring later than usual. Essentially a second fall....

Edited by mdsonofthesouth

March 23rd was my last freeze, a week earlier than average.