IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Hedyscepe canterburyana in my yard

Tassie_Troy1971

Hedyscepe canterburyana have always been in my top 5 all time favorite palms and so far i have been very successful in my climate with their growth and progression.

My Hedyscepe were germinated from seed that was off a huge specimen in the former garden of Bob De Jong.

The largest ones were germinated in 2008 and love compost rich soil , mulch and organic fertilizer along with liquid kelp

16930874_10154620804453089_1873219079_o.jpg

16934130_10154620804408089_1009033932_n.jpg

16976490_10154620804568089_762458155_n.jpg

16990174_10154620805963089_1324466676_o.jpg

16933678_10154620804488089_1113997770_n.jpg

• Upvote 16

Old Beach ,Hobart
Tasmania ,Australia. 42 " south
Cool Maritime climate

Truly lovely

Andrei W. Konradi, Burlingame, California.  Vicarious appreciator of palms in other people's gardens and in habitat

Looking good Troy!

How is the Ceroxylon doing that I planted in your garden when I visited your garden?

Southwest

8 minutes ago, Exotic Life said:

Looking good Troy!

How is the Ceroxylon doing that I planted in your garden when I visited your garden?

Hi Robin

It is doing very well and i will post a picture for you soon

cheers

T

• Upvote 3

Old Beach ,Hobart
Cool Maritime climate

Troy is too modest, he is a great gardener, and a very astute observer of his palms.  :greenthumb:

• Upvote 4

San Francisco, California

10 hours ago, Darold Petty said:

Troy is too modest, he is a great gardener, and a very astute observer of his palms.  :greenthumb:

Why thank you Darold i observed and learned what grows best from the master cool cloud forest palm grower ! :D

Old Beach ,Hobart
Cool Maritime climate

That palm couldn't have been better grown, Troy.  I agree about the speed; I have a 5 gallon that I planted 3 years ago, and it's maybe half that size.  One of my favorites.  I have another in a 10 gallon, that's about the same size.  I'm debating planting that as well.

and perfectly grown may I add :greenthumb:

• Upvote 1

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24