IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Rhapis puhuongensis? Seed for sale.

cfkingfish

I have Rhapis seeds collected from my friend hiking in Pu Mat National Park in North Central Vietnam. After discussing with my friend from Vinh, I very much believe this is in fact Rhapis puhuongensis, a relatively new species of Rhapis discovered in the same area. I cannot confirm with any photos, but my friend described this plant very well and it appears to be one and the same. I don't have a ton of seed, but I will sell them for $12 for 10 including shipping, or 50 for $40 including shipping. International orders would be an extra $10 for shipping on top of either one. Feel free to PM or email me at cfkingfish@gmail.com if interested. Here is a link to the description of the palm from palms.org.

http://www.palms.org/palmsjournal/2008/palms52no4p181-186.pdf

Thanks!

-CF

Christian Faulkner

Venice, Florida - South Sarasota County.

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

You don't have a picture, nor does google! would love a couple for the garden! hope they are what you presume.

• Upvote 1

Sorry about the misinformation but I'm not selling the seeds. I'm trying to buy from someone else, see seeds for sale forum.. Hope you get there before they sell out.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Good Evening cfkingfish,

Great time to let you know about the Raphis pohuongensis seeds. They all showed up and are growing happily under the dome of protection . Transplanted last week. Here's a shot of them, thanks for the seeds.5939cda9dffe0_RaphisPohuongensisjpeg.thu

• Upvote 1

are rhapis ?

13 hours ago, ZenMan 1 said:

Good Evening cfkingfish,

Great time to let you know about the Raphis pohuongensis seeds. They all showed up and are growing happily under the dome of protection . Transplanted last week. Here's a shot of them, thanks for the seeds.5939cda9dffe0_RaphisPohuongensisjpeg.thu

in photos are  the rhapis ?

GIUSEPPE

I will have to get a picture, but mine are coming up, I don't know if they are splitting yet, or if they will. Usually Rhapis have just a strap leaf, so this would be interesting. 

Christian Faulkner

Venice, Florida - South Sarasota County.

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε